Jarrod Parker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jarrod Parker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jarrod Parker

Postby Noagster » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Is Jarrod Parker legit? After his first terrible terrible month, he has transformed into a very consistent pitcher.

I'm looking at trading for him and Robertson in a dynasty, Robertson will be Yankees closer next year. I offered Hardy and got declined. Just trying to rebuild in general. Should I offer Hardy and Jansen. Chris Owings Diamondbacks AAA SS is my backup SS. Robertson is fairly young and I'm a really believer of Parker. Do I propose this trade?
Noagster
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jarrod Parker

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Noagster wrote:Is Jarrod Parker legit? After his first terrible terrible month, he has transformed into a very consistent pitcher.

I'm looking at trading for him and Robertson in a dynasty, Robertson will be Yankees closer next year. I offered Hardy and got declined. Just trying to rebuild in general. Should I offer Hardy and Jansen. Chris Owings Diamondbacks AAA SS is my backup SS. Robertson is fairly young and I'm a really believer of Parker. Do I propose this trade?

Jarrod Parker just doesn't strike enough guys out for me to want him on my team in any Roto League with an IP limit. A 6 K/9 is just killer for the K category, and that's not even considering he's walking 3 per 9 innings. I can't think of any circumstance where I would be trying to trade for him, and if I had him I would be doing just about all I could to get rid of him.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Re: Jarrod Parker

Postby kab21 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:34 am

I panicked last summer and traded him in a hugely lopsided trade in hindsight. The warning signs were there and he might have an decent ERA but I'm still not buying. Parker, Quentin and ARod for Skaggs, Sano and Erlin. Sano, Erlin and Arcia became Harvey a few weeks later. ;-D

The one thing i see is that he has a 10% swstr rate. It's possible that he starts striking out a few more batters but he just doesn't interest me.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Return to Baseball Leftovers