do i really need to make this trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

do i really need to make this trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

do i really need to make this trade?

Postby bluejaysfan25 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:51 pm

its a non keeper roto league. the guys in first and im in third. hes got tulowitzki comming back from dl so needs to open a roster spot. so its a 2 for 1 deal with giancarlo stanton and hyun-jin ryu comming to me for jeff locke? stanton has been awful to be nice right??? but does he have potential to be where he was ranked i mean he was ranked 10 for the year by yahoo. anyways heres my team. thanks guys

C Mike Napoli
1B Prince Fielder
2B Robinson Cano
3B David Wright
SS Jean Segura
OF Nelson Cruz
OF Justin Upton
OF Domonic Brown
Util Andrew McCutchen
Util Mike Trout
BN Albert Pujols
BN Bryce Harper

SP Felix Hernandez
SP Gio Gonzalez
RP Casey Janssen
RP Edward Mujica
P Aroldis Chapman
P David Robertson
P Jeff Locke
P James Shields
BN Justin Verlander
BN Yu Darvish
BN Julio Teheran
DL Clay Buchholz
bluejaysfan25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: do i really need to make this trade?

Postby tnbrave » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Yes, I would do that deal.
tnbrave
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 567)

Postby bluejaysfan25 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:23 pm

I don't really need another OF but Locke was on the waivers for awhile so I picked him not to long ago. Ryu seems to be doing alright its just Stanton I don't know about
bluejaysfan25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Skcl7274 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:31 pm

I would definetly do that trade. Ryun has been really good this season as well, plus Stanton has the potential to put up good numbers the rest of the season.
Skcl7274
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:54 am

Locke has been rather lucky with strand and BABIP rates, he is due to regress at some point. Ryu is steady and solid. Stanton is worth stashing away. Its a fair swap of pitchers getting Stanton for free. However, you guys fail to notice, its a 2 for 1 and he has nothing but good players. There is no one on your team I would want to drop to do this trade see.

I would consider moving Shields, Napoli, Pujols for Buster Posey...try to acquire the #1 catcher in the game ;D.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1936)

Postby bluejaysfan25 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 am

ya he ended up making the trade with someone else. ya i would have had to drop a pitcher for stanton. so you want me to do a 3 for 1 trade? the guy who has posey is in last and might feel like making a move. doesnt seem like a bad trade off either.
bluejaysfan25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bluejaysfan25 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:03 am

I would consider moving Shields, Napoli, Pujols for Buster Posey...try to acquire the #1 catcher in the game ;D.[/quote]

should I still offer this trade pujols has been heating up a bit as of late. feels like a lot to give up for posey, no???
bluejaysfan25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Blowing him away with a legit catcher keeper, a still steady 1b and a solid SP keeper might be enough to overpay to get him its ok.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1936)

Postby bluejaysfan25 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:20 pm

3 for 1 seems like a lot but it is for posey. the only position ive been trying to get all year thou. haven't really had a good catcher. I just think throwing in puljos is a lot
bluejaysfan25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:02 pm

yeah, in a keeper league this trade doesn't happen.... but in a non-keeper league you're getting stanton AND ryu for locke? do it all day every day and twice on sundays. locke is no guarantee to keep up his magical mystery season and seeing as you obviously nabbed him for nothing from the FA/WW list, you're essentially giving up nothing to get stanton, who still should be a ~.270/30/100 pace player for the rest of his at bats this year. don't let the whole marlins thing faze you.... stanton is steak over sizzle, as he was ~37HR/86RBI last year despite missing a whole month.

obviously since the marlins are going nowhere this year you do run the risk that if he gets a little dinged up they'll be super mega cautious with him and err in favor of missing time, but like, at his core he's arguably one of the top ~3-5 raw power hitters in the game right now, so i think you give up whatever brilliance locke has been giving you and cash in for a more proven young star like stanton. no doubt.

and take a look @ my thread when you get a chance, will ye!?!?!? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=463326
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions