Miggy for Crash Davis (auction keeper) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Miggy for Crash Davis (auction keeper)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miggy for Crash Davis (auction keeper)

Postby hot4tx » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 am

I've been offered Crash Davis plus Moustakas for my Miguel Cabrera and David Roberston. First thoughts on the deal from just this year's standpoint?

It's an auction keeper ($260 budget) in which you can keep unlimited players at average of last year's auctioned/kept price and current year "Yahoo! ADP" price, with a minimum inflation of $7. Bottom line is both Crash Davis and David Robertson (Yanks closer next year) could be kept for basically half price next year. Moustakas would not be keeper friendly, and Miggy would cost $63 (which is a lot but with inflated dollars I was planning on keeping him again). So I'd lose a good keeper closer, but I'd gain potentially a great keeper in Davis but then I'd lose the best hitter in the game. So second what are your thoughts on the deal including the keeper prospects
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 208)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Miggy for Crash Davis (auction keeper)

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:45 am

From a standpoint of this year only, I'd stand pat. As great as Davis has been, he is bound to slow down in the second half. On ESPN this morning, they were noting that none of the players in past years that were on pace at the All Star break to surpass Roger Maris ever did it. In fact, none of them even got to 50 HR, let alone 61. Doesn't mean Davis can't do it, but history is against him.

From a long term standpoint, i think I would also hold onto Miguel Cabrera. He is just simply too dang good, and too consistent, year in and year out. Can David continue to mash at this level for years to come? Perhaps. But we know for certain that Miggy will do it for at least a few more seasons.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 428)

Postby jfish1000 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 pm

How deep is your league? I consider Moustakas virtually worthless in shallower leagues personally, so that's a throwaway.

David Robertson is probably of no value this year, barring another injury to Rivera.

So for this year you're trading Cabrera for Davis which is not a good trade, Cabrera is the more reliable across the board good player.

For the future, it's a little closer since you'll probably be getting next year's Yankee closer, but considering Cabrera plays 3B which is not that deep, I would say he is still more valuable to hold.
OBP Mixed 11 Team Roto Redraft
C Napoli
1B Craig
2B Zobrist
SS N Franklin
3B Longoria
OF Stanton
OF Choo
OF Puig
UT Rajai D
BN Domonic B

DL Tulowitzki

SP - Price, Gonzalez, Iwakuma, Fister, Teheran, Colon, Ryu, Cingrani
RP - Johnson, Grilli, Betancourt
jfish1000
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)

Postby chadeboy18 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Definitely not for this year. And I would not do it for keeper either. 1B is so deep you might be able to find the next Chris Davis pretty easy. There will not be another Cabrera! He is the MAN in fantasy baseball. Davis might be a one year wonder or may be a stud for years to come. However, no guarantee on Davis. Cabrera is a guarantee!
chadeboy18
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 74)

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 am

What is your roster(s)? I would maybe try to get Davis, but keeping Miggy.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3601)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions