Recommendations for ROS...[Always WHIR] - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Recommendations for ROS...[Always WHIR]

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Recommendations for ROS...[Always WHIR]

Postby TruYankeeFan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:31 am

I think I have a pretty solid team although they have been less productive the last 30 says or so. I was concerned about a suspension for E Cabrera (google bad for Padres worse for MLB) and I would not have kept Wil Myers at the end of the year...so I swapped them and Houston Street for Tulo and Sergio Romo. I know...Tulo is an inury risk...but with Segura as my starter and the factors above, I felt it was worth the gamble.

Wondering what other moves you guys would suggest to make a push for the playoffs....

10 team h2h, 5x5 catgegory keeper (we were able to keep up to 10 players this year from last years roster...will probably be the same for next year) league w/ with weekly scoring, daily roster changes, Max 6 waiver moves a week, Min 7 Innings Pitched. Scoring is slightly different than standard leagues...see below.

Scoring catagories:
Offense: Runs (R), Runs Batted In (RBI), Total Bases (TB), On-base Percentage (OBP), Net Stolen Bases (NSB)
Pitching: Innings Pitched (IP), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP).

I am in first in my league with a 6 game lead over #2. Looking to make moves for the Championship.

My Roster
C-Molina
1B-Prince
2B-Seager
SS-Segura
3B-Longo
OF-CarGo
OF-Harper
OF-Cespedes
UT-McLouth
BN-T Frazier,Utley , Tulo

SP-Kershaw, Zimmermann, Kuroda, Medlen, Corbin, S Miller, Teheran, T Wood, Straily, Leake

RP -Chapman, Romo, Hederson

Minors - Sano, B Hamilton

Do I stand pat? Do I have a glaring weakness (other than SVs...which is tough as 3 a couple owners are hording closers and refuse to make a move)? Any specific players you think I should target?

Leave a link and I will hit you back ;-D
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Recommendations for ROS...[Always WHIR]

Postby TruYankeeFan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Bump...still looking for help.
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby MashinSpuds » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 pm

I don't see any glaring weaknesses on offense, at all. Tulo on the bench, despite his injury background, takes the cake.

For pitching you may want to get a SP3 and/or SP4 to make sure you're a little more top heavy in the later months. I can picture guys like Teheran, Miller, and Corbin slowing down a bit due to their innings pitched, and some may even be shut down early. If you can get a full season kind of arm to make sure that Kershaw, Zimmermann and Kuroda don't stand alone in September it might be wise.

Thanks for your insight on mine.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby Thursday » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Wow. That's a heck of a squad right there.

I wouldn't sweat out saves too much in a category league. If anything, you may be able to swap one of your 2 shortstops for another bona fide ace, but even then, i am not 100% that i'd do much in that department. I think a championship is in your future.

As far as your squad underperforming, i think that's just a bit of variance, if anything. You'll be fine.

Help out?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=463459
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eatyun » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:31 pm

very solid team all round i think your good ;-D

viewtopic.php?t=463461
eatyun
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 523)

Postby rjforlife » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:11 am

Solid team, maybe throw out a couple of flyers with Utley/Wood and see if you can land a solid arm with that package, that's the only place you could upgrade and those two could net you a pretty solid pitcher right now. Look for Matt Moore, J-Zimm, Anibal Sanchez, someone in that talent level.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby erjohnson1 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:07 am

Look really solid overall. You honestly really don't need help anywhere, but like you said you could use a little help at closer. While I wouldn't recommend chasing saves, you have a top three SS sitting on our bench that you could package for a top closer (Kimbrel or Chapman) and someone else if you really want saves.

Personally, what I would look at doing would be to package one of your shortstops for an upgrade at your utility position. Due to position scarcity at shortstop, you could get a guy in return that will provide you with much better numbers at utility for the same cost as Tulo. Maybe try something like Votto for Tulo straight up or Adam Jones for Tulo. If you're wanting to make a move this is what I'd be looking at doing. You don't need to have two of the best three players at the weakest position.

Help here: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=463468
erjohnson1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 37)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions