7/08 - 7/21 Cheering - Venting -& All Star Week - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

7/08 - 7/21 Cheering - Venting -& All Star Week

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 7/08 - 7/11 Cheering - Venting - Its all here in one thr

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:09 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Question.

Because Puig is a rookie.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrith » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:55 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Question. How come we're bat$*%$ crazy over Yasiel Puig's .409/.436/.667 over 140 PA but not talking about Hanley Ramirez's 114 PA of .419/.456/.743? Dude is absolutely tearing the cover off the baseball right now, SS/3B eligible, and is stuck playing second fiddle on his own damn team. Guy isn't that far removed from being a Top 2 Overall Pick in fantasy baseball. He's still almost six months shy of his 30th birthday, but many have written him off as an afterthought. The best part so far, in my eyes, is dumping a career 16% K-Rate down to 11%. What sort of expectations do we have for Hanley after the All-Star break? Can he bat .300 (the rest of the way)? Slug .500? Those would be his career averages, not some wildly high ceiling projection.

some of us are:
TheTrith » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:31 pm wrote:2013 through Friday, July 5th:
Hanley Ramirez - 30 games, 7 HR, 20 RBI, 4 SB, .455 OBP, .498 wOBA, 1.9 WAR
Yasiel Puig -------- 30 games, 8 HR, 19 RBI, 4 SB, .449 OBP, .489 wOBA, 1.9 WAR

For all the guys clamoring for Puig to get into the all star game... why aren't you also lobbying for his teammate Hanley?
They've put up identical lines, but I havent heard a single person say that Ramirez deserves to go.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 314)

Postby TheTrith » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:02 pm

By the way, is this forum's server always so unreliable? Or is it just a browser issue?
In the few weeks since I started posting I've only been able to get the page to open maybe half the time.

This place has better info than the rotoworld forums, but if the site never works then I guess rotoworld will get all the traffic regardless.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 314)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:04 pm

TheTrith wrote:By the way, is this forum's server always so unreliable? Or is it just a browser issue?
In the few weeks since I started posting I've only been able to get the page to open maybe half the time.

This place has better info than the rotoworld forums, but if the site never works then I guess rotoworld will get all the traffic regardless.

This has only been a recent phenomenon. Presumably there's some changes in the works on the back-end of the Cafe causing it. Otherwise, the Cafe has typically been among the most reliable sites I've visited on the net. Long story short, expect it just to be temporary stuff leading ultimately to a better pay off. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm running Hamels out there tonight, while my opponent has Iwakuma/Cingrani/Quintana/Ian K/Archer. I realize he may rack up the Ks and possible Ws, but if one or two or more of these could get rocked that would be great.

And the complaints about the server are pretty ridiculous. This site has been running almost flawlessly for ten years, and a month of sketchy service and people are up in arms. I have faith everything will be fine shortly and stay that way.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 765)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:14 pm

rjforlife wrote:And the complaints about the server are pretty ridiculous. This site has been running almost flawlessly for ten years, and a month of sketchy service and people are up in arms. I have faith everything will be fine shortly and stay that way.

The guy asking has only been here under a month, and the Cafe has had more dead time during that time than probably over the 8 or however many years I've been here. His questions are legitimate. If the site was always the way it has been over the past few weeks, I'd be like WTf as well. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:18 pm

excited to see what Adam Eaton can do
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 154)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:27 pm

White Sox/Tigers game have a planned start time, or potentially going to be PPD?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 pm

bigh0rt wrote:White Sox/Tigers game have a planned start time, or potentially going to be PPD?

White Sox at TigersMLB Weather-AL
First pitch is scheduled for 7:45PM ET.

The tarp is already being rolled off. Whether or not there will be other rain delays remains to be seen, but it appears they will get this game in tonight.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 154)

Postby ensanimal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:53 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I haven't seen a site with this information, but I heard it on ESPN PTI. they said there is an alliance voting for the final player vote.

Oh it's a real thing. Blue Jays are promoting it like crazy and giving away prizes for voting for both. Offering up balls signed by both for voting for both.

https://twitter.com/BlueJays

Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays 6 Jul

We have made an alliance for the #FinalVote with the @Braves! #RaiseTheBar #VoteFreddie
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers