Retooling: Drop Asdrubal or Prado? Add Gyorko? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Retooling: Drop Asdrubal or Prado? Add Gyorko? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Retooling: Drop Asdrubal or Prado? Add Gyorko? WHIR

Postby lyons595 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:53 pm

As of now I'm 7th of 12 teams, and just kinda of scaping but at about .500 each week. I expect my SP to marginal, but to win K, SV and maybe QS each week as I stresm SP and can typically just "out number" my opponent to win these. My O has been disappointing. I have several guys just not living up to expectations, and/or injured. I am very hopeful that when everyone regresses UP to the mean, I'll be in great shape. They all have good track records. Jonathan Lucroy hit the WW today and I expect I will be able to grab him. My question is: should I add Gyorko for 2B, move Prado to the bench and drop Asdrubal? Should I drop Prado? I have tried to trade Asdrubal, and despite the fact that several teams SHOULD want him, they don't. I can't trade him for squat.
Thanks.

ESPN, h2h each cat, 12 team, 4 RP max, daily roster changes. Cats: standard 5x5 plus OPS, QS. Non-keeper. I stream 6+ SP (or starts) weekly.

C AJ Pierzinski (Lucroy WW claim pending)
1B Prince Fielder
2B Martin Prado
3B David Wright
SS Jose Reyes
OF Shane Victorino
OF Justin Upton
OF Leonys Martin
UTIL Adam Dunn
Bench Asdrubal Cabrera
DL Ryan Braun

SP Julio Teheran, Kris Medlen, Yovani Gallardo, Homer Bailey, AJ Griffin
RP Rafael Soriano
RP Sergio Romo
RP Chris Perez
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Retooling: Drop Asdrubal or Prado? Add Gyorko? WHIR

Postby ShadyB4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:19 pm

I would add Gyorko and drop Prado. Asdrubal will come around. Your OF needs a lot of work as well. I would have tried to sell high on Upton about a month ago (wasu to say now, I know) but are if you get any interest. Martin was a great pickup he will help in all offensive categories. Since you stream so much, maybe try and trade Upton and a pitcher for a solid OF. I'm a fan of the but low and in your position you may need to soon. I think Pujols, Hamilton, Stanton, Hamels, Verlander, maybe Harper but he hit a HR in first at bat back. I think your best bet is to buy low on a few and maybe find a new home for Braun. He will not come around this year IMO. Huts some thoughts, but Gyorko is a go. Get that guy he is good.
ShadyB4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Retooling: Drop Asdrubal or Prado? Add Gyorko? WHIR

Postby lyons595 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Update:
I added Gyorko. Looks like he's off the DL later this week. I'll drop Prado at that time.
Lucroy AND J Castro were dropped this week. I'll be able to add one if them, I'm sure, on 7/11 when they clear waivers.
Lind AND Chris Carter were dropped too. I'm leaning toward adding Carter, but Lind has such a better value in the AVG and OPS categories. Carter is OF eligible in our league, so that helps me too. Thoughts?
Projected roster later rhis week:
ESPN, h2h each cat, 12 team, 4 RP max, daily roster changes. Cats: standard 5x5 plus OPS, QS. Non-keeper. I stream 6+ SP (or starts) weekly.

C Jonathan Lucroy
1B Prince Fielder
2B Jedd Gyorko
3B David Wright
SS Jose Reyes
OF Chris Carter
OF Justin Upton
OF Leonys Martin
UTIL Adam Dunn
Bench Asdrubal Cabrera, Ben Revere
DL Ryan Braun

SP Julio Tehran, Kris Medlen, Homer Bailey, Kyle Lohse