Daily Fantasy Thread (7/4/13) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Daily Fantasy Thread (7/4/13)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cordscords » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Happy 4th everybody! Had a rough outing last night, but I feel good about my chances to bounce back. No individual lineups today. Just a general concept of what my lineups are looking like. A reminder that fanthrowdown, starfantasyleagues, frafty, draftday, draftkings, starstreet, dailyjoust, doubleup, sportstradex, and draftteam all have freerolls tonight. Win cash, vouchers, or other prizes. Draftstreet, fanduel, fantasyfeud, fantazzle, and rotodraft are other places to play. There's something for everyone! I’m only playing the evening games tonight. Not taking my chances of having a player sit out.

I’m more than happy to spend big $ on Wainwright, Teheran, and Verlander. In 1 pitcher leagues you have to take one of those three. In 2 or 3 pitcher leagues it will handicap you, but I’ll take my chances working on a small budget to build my offense. If you’re really strapped for cash, Iwakuma is a solid substitute.

C- McCann, Molina, and Rosario are in the top-tier. I have one of those guys on the vast majority of my teams. I also own V-Mart where he’s C eligible and reasonably priced. Dark horse- Zunino.

1B- I love Matt Adams against Joe Blanton. Best bang for your buck anywhere IMO.

2B- Since Carpenter and Kinsler are out of my price range, I like a couple of Rockies. Rutledge and DJ. Hoping the Coors Field factor kicks in
against Capuano.

3B- Freese and Arenado stand out as attractive cheap options. Noticing a trend of Cardinals and Rockies hitters?

SS- Using Peralta in most formats. Hasn’t had an XBH since 6/20. He’s due, right? Rogers pitches to contact so here’s hoping.

OF- Upton, Ethier, Kemp, and Heyward won’t break the bank and those are some big names to gamble on. Dirks and Jay are cheaper options who have appeal based on their career splits, trotting them out where it’s necessary.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Daily Fantasy Thread (7/4/13)

Postby jefferey13 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Why not just use one thread and post your updates in them instead of a new thread everyday?
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:48 pm

jefferey13 wrote:Why not just use one thread and post your updates in them instead of a new thread everyday?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)

Postby cordscords » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:50 pm

jefferey13 wrote:Why not just use one thread and post your updates in them instead of a new thread everyday?

Says the guy who actively participates in the daily cheering/venting threads...I tease!

Sometimes I look at the closer thread that's stickied at the top of the page and it's a pain. When there is breaking closer news the thread heats up. Everybody has the same updates, there's bad info spread, things get off topic, etc. It gets pretty cluttered. Daily threads keep a narrow focus on the topic.

That was my intention. Unfortunately interest seems pretty low on these threads. Since these threads will take up space on Leftovers, I think I'll take your advice and start tomorrow.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jefferey13 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Ya I know what you mean about keeping focus. It's just that the daily cheering/venting is what this forum is basically for. Talking fantasy baseball in any forms. Yours is a specific topic created by you. That was kinda my thought is all. No offense meant.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cordscords » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:05 pm

jefferey13 wrote:Ya I know what you mean about keeping focus. It's just that the daily cheering/venting is what this forum is basically for. Talking fantasy baseball in any forms. Yours is a specific topic created by you. That was kinda my thought is all. No offense meant.

None taken. Although there actually is an entire forum titled Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting lol. Part of the description for Leftovers is to talk strategy, and these threads have pertained to daily strategy.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jefferey13 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 pm

True. I played in a $1 tournament or whatever they are called yesterday. I placed 10th, and 1-6 got paid. I was pretty close. I was okay with that for my first try. I realize now how important pitchers are in that format.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers