Trade Rumor Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumor Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Rumor Thread

Postby jackie hayes » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Jesse Crain to the Rays for P(s)TBNL or cash. Deal seems to be conditional on what he's able to do for the Rays. Seems to be a good arrangement for both sides.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jackie hayes » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Or maybe not. Ken Rosenthal tweets, "More on Crain return to #WhiteSox. It is NOT contingent on how much he pitches. Again, player/cash combo to be settled over next few weeks." (H/t MLBTR.) So it sounds like just a normal PTBNL from some pool of players.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jackie hayes » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:28 am

Jake Peavy scratched tonight, as expected.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm

jackie hayes wrote:Jake Peavy scratched tonight, as expected.

Crap! My H2H season is on the brink and I am facing the #1 team in the league. Every start counts and Jakesdouble start week was valuable to me. !+)
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:55 pm

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Michael Young will only approve a trade to the Rangers.
Young has a full-no trade clause, so he can control his destiny. The Red Sox and Yankees are among the teams reportedly interested in the 36-year-old, but he's apparently only willing to consider a return to Texas. The Phillies are planning to call up prospect third baseman Cody Asche, so it appears that there will be some resolution in the next 24 hours or so.

didn't the Rangers say they had absolutely no interest in Young? so I guess unless something changes he isn't going anywhere.

Pirates and White getting close on Rios.
David Kaplan of CSNChicago.com reports that "it sounds like" the White Sox and Pirates are getting close to finishing a trade involving outfielder Alex Rios.
The Pirates have struggled to get any production out of right field this season, so Rios would be a natural fit. Kaplan hears that the two sides are still haggling over the cash involved and might not find a middle ground. The 32-year-old is under contract for $12.5 million next while his $13.5 million option for 2015 includes a $1 million buyout.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 91)

Postby jackie hayes » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:24 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:Pirates and White getting close on Rios.
David Kaplan of CSNChicago.com reports that "it sounds like" the White Sox and Pirates are getting close to finishing a trade involving outfielder Alex Rios.
The Pirates have struggled to get any production out of right field this season, so Rios would be a natural fit. Kaplan hears that the two sides are still haggling over the cash involved and might not find a middle ground. The 32-year-old is under contract for $12.5 million next while his $13.5 million option for 2015 includes a $1 million buyout.

Heyman tweeted that a deal is not actually close. Plus, I'm always sceptical when the report comes from local writers.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby daullaz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:26 pm

All of this is speculation by me:

Cliff Lee for Xander Bogaerts may very well happen depending on how much of Lee's salary Philly is willing to pick up. As good as Lee is, I don't think he'd make it through waivers, so if he is going to be traded, it'll likely have to happen by tomorrow.

D-Backs are probably going to land Peavy, and I bet the White Sox get a better-than-expected package from them. Wouldn't be shocked to see Tyler Skaggs in the deal, knowing the D-Backs brass. Not sure Matt Davidson as the centerpiece to a Peavy deal would be enough.

Young-to-Rangers will happen, IMO. Rangers probably aren't going to have to pick up much of his salary or give up a good prospect, while the Phillies will probably just be happy for any kind of salary relief, however minimal. My guess is that it's for a PTBNL that ends up being someone like Hanser Alberto, as the Rangers have MIs to burn.

Orioles/Pirates are in on Bud Norris. I think the Pirates get him and give up a pretty solid prospect in the process, maybe in the Tyler Glasnow range.

I don't see the Giants moving their guys. They'll make QOs and get the comp pick when they're declined.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:40 pm

daullaz wrote:I don't see the Giants moving their guys. They'll make QOs and get the comp pick when they're declined.

Lopez will get moved. Doubt Pence and Lincecum are though.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby daullaz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:50 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
daullaz wrote:I don't see the Giants moving their guys. They'll make QOs and get the comp pick when they're declined.

Lopez will get moved. Doubt Pence and Lincecum are though.

Yeah, wasn't really considering Lopez; obviously he's not getting a QO.

If the Lee-to-Red Sox package was Bogaerts, Ranaudo and a mid-level guy like a Brandon Workman type, how much would the Phillies have to pay of the remaining salary on Lee's contract, which is $25 million in 2014, $25 million in 2015 and $27.5 million in 2016 with a $12.5 million buyout, to get the Red Sox to say yes? $20 million? $30 million?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:53 pm

As a Phillies fan (excuse the sig) I see/know the following:

Staying: Hamels, Utley, Brown

Will move: Young (Asche called up, think they want it to be his shot)

Would love to see them move for different reasons: Papelbon (Can't stand him, dont think he moves though), Lee (Love him, would get back the most return we need to retool)

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers