Trade Rumor Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumor Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Rumor Thread

Postby footballisbetter.com » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:21 am

I thought this might be a good idea to post what you hear, and some speculative adds.

The Arizona Diamondbacks and Milwaukee Brewers are currently engaged in trade talks involving Brewers' starter Yovani Gallardo. The teams are currently in the midst of discussions that could involve Gallardo as well as relievers John Axford, Jim Henderson, and Francisco Rodriguez. The Diamondbacks would reportedly send back some prospects from their farm

Also keep an eye on Blake Parker for saves, if the Cubs move Gregg.
Last edited by footballisbetter.com on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 503)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Trade Rumors

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:06 am

Garza to the dodgers has gotta happen, right?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 405)

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby jefferey13 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:50 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:Garza to the dodgers has gotta happen, right?

They already did Marmol. Seems weird that they spent time getting that done and didn't do Garza at the same time. But I guess Marmol being DFA made it happen when it did.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 154)

Re: Trade Rumor Thread

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Ricky Nolasco has to go somewhere.
Dodgers are looking like the frontrunners.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers "appear to be the frontrunner" to land Marlins' right-hander Ricky Nolasco in a trade.
The Marlins are trying to move Nolasco as soon as possible -- and a deal could get done before his scheduled start on Wednesday -- but they haven't found an offer to their liking yet. This is because they want prospects in return as well as the acquiring team to offer salary relief. However, they'll likely have to compromise. The Rockies, Giants, and Padres are among the other teams who have inquired about Nolasco. The Orioles have been involved in talks, though they might have less interest now that they have acquired Scott Feldman from the Cubs.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 514)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:18 pm

it's official, Nolasco to the Dodgers for prospects. How much does this boost his value?
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

Trade Rumor Thread

Postby lastingsgriller » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:28 pm

footballisbetter.com wrote:it's official, Nolasco to the Dodgers for prospects. How much does this boost his value?

Enough for me to pick him up in a 10-team league. But, it's not like Miami is a run boosting environment, so it only really boosts his value for potential wins.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 405)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:17 pm

There were reports Monday that the Cubs were talking to Matt Garza about a possible long-term contract, but it's more likely that the right-hander will be dealt by the July 31 Trade Deadline. The key will be whether the Cubs get the top prospects they want in return. "[An extension] is always on the table," Garza said. "I voiced my opinion about how I love it here. My family loves it here. It's always something you think about. I don't know which route they're going to go." How real is an extension? "As real as a trade," Garza said. "Trades are just rumors like everything else. An extension talk, I'm part of, I know for a fact where it's at. It's always a possibility, man, 50-50.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

Postby footballisbetter.com » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 pm

I found this interesting..

Jon Morosi of Fox Sports reports that the Rangers have expressed interest in Norichika Aoki during talks with Brewers about Yovani Gallardo. Aoki is perfect for Rangers. He can play all 3 spots, help in center and give them insurance if Cruz is suspended.

Aoki is a very talented outfielder and could help the Rangers at the top, or bottom, of their order. If the Rangers could add Aoki it would give them another .300 hitter and a guy who is versatile and can run the bases extremely well. It could also give him a boost as far as fantasy is concerned, as well.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 am

As a Garza owner, I hate to hear this.

Buster Olney reported during Saturday's game that the Cubs were said to be making progress with at least two teams on a deal for Matt Garza and he is likely to be traded during the All-Star break. And if Bruce Levine is correct, those two teams could be the Texas Rangers and Toronto Blue Jays.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Skin Blues » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Not exactly two great situations. I'd be happy for him to stay with the Cubs and face a pitcher every 9 batters. Wins are enough of a craps shoot that I'd be happy with the suppressed ERA and WHIP and extra K per game.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 528)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers