9 Trades Later WHIR 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

9 Trades Later WHIR 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

9 Trades Later WHIR 100%

Postby ShadyB4 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 pm

I have made 9 trades this season and I want to gauge opinions on the before and after of my roster moves

Draft Day Roster:

C - Posey
1B - Mauer
2B - Neil Walker
SS - Asdrubal Cabrera
3B Sandoval
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Carlos Beltran
OF - Angel Pagan
OF - Josh Reddick
U - Neil Waker
U - Adam LaRoche

Bench - Kubel, Alcides Escobar, Alex Avila

P - Felix, Weaver, Lohse, Hellickson, Cahill, Ogando, Doubront, Fiers, Chapman, Rodney, Veras, Uehara (Dropped him after they went to Tazawa first as closer, very stupid, I know)

After 9 Trades and various add drops, my roster looks like this:

c - Posey
1B - Votto
2B - Phillips
SS - Hardy
3B - Trumbo
OF - Giancarlo Stanton
OF - Josh Hamilton
OF - Hunter Pence
OF - Shin-Soo Choo
U - De Aza
U - Francisco (Mil new 1B)

Bench - V Mart, Neil Walker, Josh Reddick, Johnny Giavotella

P - Ryu, Locke, Erv Santana, Cole, Wheeler, Lohse, Cashner, Jorge De La Rosa, Chapman, Rodney, Blake Parker(Holds, possible closer if Gregg gets traded), Jake McGee (Holds)

I am in a 12 team 6x6 h2h with the following categories:

Runs, Homeruns, RBIs, SBs, AVG, OPS

Wins, Saves, Ks, Holds, ERA, WHIP.

I currently stand in 8/12. I started making moves at 11/12. Did I make a better roster? And do you see any needs I can address further?

Will help all in response.
ShadyB4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 9 Trades Later WHIR 100%

Postby lyons595 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Overall your team is pretty good. I think you are a little thin in the OF, but some of that has to do with the fact that Hamilton has been so bad. I'm not in love with your util guys, but if your league is real deep they may be the best you can do. As a rule, I like power over speed so moving some of your better SB guys for a power bat (in the OF?) could help.
Your SP is thin, but in a 12 team league its probably easy to stream multiple guys per week and end up with pretty good numbers. I'd even move a guy like Ryu and see if you can add some offensive help at a util spot.

help: viewtopic.php?t=463093
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 217)

Postby jcave24 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Although I like your bats in the end better, you took an enormous hit in pitching and I think it made your team worse.

Im about to be in the car for 4 hrs, so if you'll post the trades individually, I can take a crack at breaking down the wins and losses?
jcave24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ShadyB4 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Trade 1 (before season)

Give LaRoche get De Aza

Trade 2 (Stupid trade, needed holds and first time in a 6x6)

Give Griffin (Oak) for Thornton (Sox)

Trade 3

Give Ogando, Pagan, Asdrubal for Ryu, Scutaro, McLouth

Trade 4

Give Felix, Mauer, & McLouth for Votto and Lester

Trade 5 (this hurt but I was in 11 out of 12 at the time)

Give Trout & Alcides and Kubel (both who I would drop) for Pence, Phillips, & Wheeler

Trade 6

Give Weaver and Infante for Choo and De La Rosa

Trade 7

Give Mark Reynolds get V Mart ( buy low attempt with a sell high candidate)

Trade 8

Lester, Panda, Leonys Martin for Hamilton and Trumbo (Hamilton is my best buy low because I think he comes around second half)

Trade 9

Give Beltran and Veras for Giancarlo Stanton (third buy low)

My feeling is that if Hamilton and Giancarlo start playing like they were drafted to play, I could have a shot. I am currently in 8th and am down 8-2 this week. Things are real bleak and I may punt saves next and trade Chapman, but that is when I hit rock bottom.

Any help is more than appreciated.
ShadyB4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby jcave24 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:37 pm

1: not a fan of De Aza so I probably wouldn't have made the first deal; Laroche is usually a nice bet for around 30 homers

2: can't blame you for making that deal, it just hasn't worked out for you at this point. Nothin you can do about it.

3: this one worked out for you in a big way given all the injuries the players sustained (presumably after you traded them) and the emergence of McLouth and Ryu

4: I think this is where things really started going south. I assume this is prior to Lester's slow-down, and if you had looked at his numbers you would've seen that, despite his strikeout numbers, he was getting even fewer swinging strikes than last year and was putting a lot of runners on. I was lucky enough to get out from under him. And while I'm a fan of getting hitting over pitching, I don't think the upgrade from Mauer to Votto is worth Felix, given that Votto isn't a true 30-35 homer guy, nor is he getting great RBI production. I see where you were going here, but a little more research into Lester could have helped you out.

5: it hurts to trade trout for that little, but I understand why you had to do it. It was good that you only had to give up guys that you would've otherwise dropped as well.

6: this one I'm really not a fan of. I THINK this might've taken place while or immediately after Weaver was injured, so I can understand it from that perspective, but Choo's early season power was spurred by him barely getting the ball over the fence. Runs are a finicky stat that I don't really like chasing, which is his main asset. In addition, starters in Colorado scare me. They just do.

7: big fan of this deal. Big.

8: I'm okay with this deal as well. I can't buy low on Hamilton because the guy won't take anything below his original value for him (neither would I, so I understand). Trumbo is a good piece as well. For your sake, I hope the Angels pick it up.

9: Fan of this trade as well. Good job.

If I'm you, from this point, id try to package a pitcher and one of your OF to try to get a better pitcher, because I don't think your current staff will get it done.

I'm updating my second trade on my thread if you could head back and check it out for me
jcave24
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team