Keeper trade, need help. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper trade, need help. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper trade, need help. WHIR

Postby unbigote » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:32 am

I'm second place in my league and was offered this trade by the last place team. He is more or less out of contention and looking to rebuild.

I send Strasburg (rd 19) and Cuddyer (rd 17) for Kemp (rd 1), Price (rd 2), AGon (rd 4) and Jansen. I would be renting all four, none are really worth keeping where they would slot next year. I would drop Pestano and Krod.

This is the third year of a 12 team keeper league (5x5 standard categories).

MY TEAM -- Players go up 2 rounds each year, undrafted (UD) players count are 23rd round picks the following year; only one player with first round value can be kept.

C Mauer (4)
1B Votto (1)
2B Pedroia (3)
SS Segura (UD)
3B Beltre (2)
IF LaRoche (11)
OF Carpenter (UD)
OF McCutchen (1)
OF Cuddyer (17)
OF W. Myers (22)
Utl Harper (18)
Utl Werth (14)
Bn Franlkin (UD)
Bn Yelich (UD)

SP Weaver (3); Strasburg (19); Medlen (21); Scherzer (4); Lynn (11); Cobb (16)
RP Rivera (7); Kimbrel (9); Pestano (UD); Krod (UD)
DL Pineda (UD); Beachy (UD)
unbigote
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper trade, need help. WHIR

Postby Cks4828 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 am

I would do that trade. If Kemp is able to stay healthy, this is an absolutely great trade for you. Strasburg is just as much of an injury concern as Kemp anyway. Price I expect to have a very good second half so your getting a stud pitcher in return also. The only negative I see would be if you don't keep Price like you said.
Cks4828
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kaiser » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Yes, you should definitely make that deal. AGonz in round 4 could be considered as a possible keeper.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm not sure I do this. Is A-Gon much better than Cuddyer? Is Kemp healthy? Is Price healthy?

Are any of them keepers?

I'd rather keep rolling with Strasburg and win now without losing the best keeper circumstance in the deal (Strasburg).

I'd pass.
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 36)

Postby RasmusFlow » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:47 pm

I like this trade for you. I don't think Price will be a big downgrade from Strasburg and Kemp+AGon will be some nice additions with the loss of Cuddyer. Definitely helps you have a better contention for this year.
RasmusFlow
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 44)

Postby michaelyoung4prez » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:59 pm

I would stick with what you have, you don't really have a glaring weakness right now. Who were you planning on keeping if you trade those guys away?
michaelyoung4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 21)

Postby unbigote » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:10 pm

I would stick with what you have, you don't really have a glaring weakness right now. Who were you planning on keeping if you trade those guys away?

I generally go for value, a lot can change but right now I'd keep: Harper, Carpenter, Segura and Myers leaving the other two spots up for grabs. I'd keep Votto or McCutchen if I end up at the end of the draft next year (based on end of season standings). Beachy, Pineda, Medlin Yelich and Franklin could all factor in.
unbigote
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 54)

Postby Millhouse » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm generally a "win now" kinda guy, and Stras/Cuddy for Kemp/Price/Gonzo/Janssen helps you big time, I think. I''m a believer in Cuddyer's ability to keep it up, but even so, he and Gonzo won't be THAT far apart. The Dodgers are getting stronger and Kemp looks to be okay. And Price looked great against the Toledo Mud Hens, I mean, Houston Astros last night....so he and Stras won't be THAT far off in the second half, I don't think. I'd do this...go for it!

Thanks 4 mine.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby Millhouse » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm generally a "win now" kinda guy, and Stras/Cuddy for Kemp/Price/Gonzo/Janssen helps you big time, I think. I''m a believer in Cuddyer's ability to keep it up, but even so, he and Gonzo won't be THAT far apart. The Dodgers are getting stronger and Kemp looks to be okay. And Price looked great against the Toledo Mud Hens, I mean, Houston Astros last night....so he and Stras won't be THAT far off in the second half, I don't think. I'd do this...go for it!

Thanks 4 mine.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby michaelyoung4prez » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:33 am

If you like the deal, then take it, especially if you have your keepers already figured out. I took the Longo trade despite nobody agreeing with it being something I should take. Sometimes you just gotta take certain deals you really like and not listen to the peanut gallery
michaelyoung4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 21)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions