Trade for Stanton? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade for Stanton?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade for Stanton?

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 pm

5x5 Roto, 10 team keeper (keey any 6), 13/9 lineups (2C)

Been offered Stanton for one of Weaver, Fister or S. Miller. Opinions on which SP you would deal? I have a lot of starting pitching (see team below). Right now, Stanton would likely replace Aoki in my lineup and I either keep Aoki on my bench or cut him to activate Utley (so I could swap him in for maybe Hardy, moving H. Ramirez to SS if Hardy cools off).

My current team:
C: Y. Molina, Doumit
1b: Butler
2b: Pedroia
SS: Hardy
3b: Wright
IF: Donaldson
OF: Cruz, Hamilton, Marte, Jennings, Aoki
Util: H. Ramirez
DL: Utley

SP: Kershaw, C. Lee, Cain, Weaver, Fister, S. Miller, Teheran
CL: Nathan, Rodney
Bench: G. Cole, Garza
DL: Henderson
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade for Stanton?

Postby sn267537 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:53 pm

I would be between fister and weaver. Fister because of injury risks, and weaver because he's had a down-ish season. Both have good offenses to provide W chances. A matter of health and being the solid SP they can be.
- I wouldn't cut aoki. I don't see any glaring issues other than needing more save chances. Maybe try to get a RP for aoki before you cut him. OR I would prefer aoki over Desmond Jennings personally. Aoki has a much betting batting average, can steal bases, produce runs. If you still prefer Jennings to aoki I would try to get a RP for aoki. Wouldn't worry to activate utly since you have pedroia.
sn267537
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 24)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:59 pm

sn267537 wrote:I would be between fister and weaver. Fister because of injury risks, and weaver because he's had a down-ish season. Both have good offenses to provide W chances. A matter of health and being the solid SP they can be.
- I wouldn't cut aoki. I don't see any glaring issues other than needing more save chances. Maybe try to get a RP for aoki before you cut him. OR I would prefer aoki over Desmond Jennings personally. Aoki has a much betting batting average, can steal bases, produce runs. If you still prefer Jennings to aoki I would try to get a RP for aoki. Wouldn't worry to activate utly since you have pedroia.

I was thinking Weaver myself though who knows with Miller and Fister is an injury risk as you noted.

Aoki's lack of rbi's is what is hurting me as I am in a battle in that category and can move some 4 points with just 11 more rbis and a few extra homers will not hurt either. Jennings has more pop with the same speed potential, but you take the hit in avg. Avg is pretty tight too so the only thing making me think Aoki over Jennoings right now is Aoki is cold. I probably would just put hold onto him and play the hotter of Jennings and Aoki. Right now, Utley is a free stash on my DL until I need him. I would be nice to get his bat in for Butler a this point, but no way that can happen these days as Utley does not play 1b anymore. Been trying to deal Hardy or Utley but no takers.

That said, this one owner seems to be amiable to making a move even though it is a fairly trade hostile league and he has also offered me Gardner for Teheran. On paper might be a better deal for me. Opinions? I could counter with Cole for Gardner but i do not think it will fly. He already said he has no interest in Garza. Do not really trust Gardner though.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sn267537 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:55 pm

I think aoki's .30 percent of batting average (minimum) is well worth it over Jennings HR potential. Just me. In roto even h2h I take the average over some home runs. I understand your points. Just brining it up if you didn't think about it and if it'd change your mind or not. Miller i see as a possible keeper. That's why I'd be between weaver/fister.
- in 10 team league it is tough to move guys like hardy or utly.
- I like gardner even before this season. But I don't see u starting him. I see gardner being in the same position as aoki.
sn267537
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 24)

Postby Cks4828 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:11 am

I would trade Fister out of those pitchers. I think Weaver will get back close to his usual numbers this season.
Cks4828
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Anyone else? I am leaning towards going with the Fister offer assuming it is still on the table after yesterday's performance.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions