Need help with a trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need help with a trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help with a trade

Postby Mikeyc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Hey guys I'm a believer at this point in Chris Davis but could use some sp help and have been offered wainwright/starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo for Davis and Ervin santana . This is a 12 tm 5x5 h2h league that I'm currently in 7th place in right on cusp of playoff spot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Mikeyc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need help with a trade

Postby Cks4828 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Without looking at your team, I like what you would be getting in return. Wainwright is a top 3 pitcher right now and could very easily be the rest of the season. I do believe in Chris Davis but I do expect him to slow down at least a little at some point. Rizzo has been playing pretty well of late also and is a good first baseman. On top of that I expect Castro to play better in the second half of the season.
Cks4828
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Davis for Wainwright straight up is a decent deal for the guy getting Wainwright. Losing Ervin Santana would not bother me in the least as I do not believe. That said, unless you need a SS\your current SS is a total scrub, Castro is sort of baggage at this point and likely will be sittin gon your bench. In that case, I would look to get a player you need to fill a gap.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Need help with a trade

Postby Mikeyc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks guys and what are your thoughts on Rizzo? My current ss/mi are Hanley and alcides . My remaining of is Jennings cutch choo and heyward my only real weakness is 2b which is Franklin who hasn't been bad but his 2b is weeks .
Mikeyc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Rizzo is OK but nothing spectacular. Certainly worth playing.

I have Heyward in one league and he has been a complete waste. Benched\dL'ed most of the time and even though he is hitting much better since coming back, he still basically is not lighting the world on fire. Can't deal him for squat with the numbers he has too. If you have to start him if you trade Davis, I would think twice about the deal depending on who was on the free agent wire.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions