Two Questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Two Questions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Two Questions

Postby maximf » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 pm

1) i got a trade offered to me , it's a keepers h2h points league, i give Puig, Shelby Miller and Jean Segura (i have tulu who is injured but i have a 2b/ss position in this league as well) and thats for starlin castro and clayton kershaw

2) i have too many of's and now that injuries are done i dont know who to keep, the league have 5 of's and a utility, i have

Adam Jones, Bryce Harper, Puig, Jayson Heyward, Alejandro De Aza, BJ Upton, Carl Crawford, Carlos Beltran

it was easy when harper and crawford were injured, but now they are back and i'm losing my mind!
maximf
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Two Questions

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:46 pm

First one depends on what you think of Puig and Miller. Castro\Segura are not helping you longterm since Tulo will be back so it comes down to Puig and Miller for Kershaw. Kershaw is the best pitcher in MLB, but Miller has been pretty good (save for his last start) and Puig is on fire (though he has no track record). Tough call. I lean towards going for the established Ace and elite player but it could come back and haunt you. There is no easy answer here.

Second one...first cut is easy. BJ Upton is a BUM. I continue to be amazed how every year fantasy owners fall into the Upton trap and think this is the year he is not an overrated, high-k, low avg waste of a roster spot that just ends up giving you some SBs. Second cut is between De Aza and Heyward imo (though you could make the case foir Crawford as well since he can't stay on the field anymore). If it were me, Heyward would go as De Aza has been decent and why let go of the guy that is performing for the guy that isn't?
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 825)

Re: Two Questions

Postby UrbanatorNation » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:39 am

The above assessment on your first question is spot on. I have to agree that if you forced me to decide, I'd rather have Kershaw and I wouldn't necessarily give up on Castro at age 23.

Also agree that the first cut is BJ Upton, no questions asked. If you deal Puig, does that free up your utility spot for now? If not, I'd drop De Aza. Unless you think De Aza is the missing piece to your championship this season, I would not turn my back on Heyward just yet. We know what he's capable of, and again the age comes into play for me. Can't even say he's hit his prime yet.
UrbanatorNation
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 21)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions