Keeper League: Trading Matt Harvey - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper League: Trading Matt Harvey

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League: Trading Matt Harvey

Postby iceicebrady » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:16 am

I'm currently tied for first at 10-3 in my 10 team, 4 player keeper league. I'm worried about the innings cap that Harvey will be limited to this year and was hoping to flip him for a few players that will help me out for the ROS, plus be possible keepers. I have a trade worked out with a guy in the league who is working towards building his team for next year. I would give Harvey and Tony Cingrani for Jordan Zimmermann and Madison Bumgarner. My keepers as it stands would be Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez, Matt Harvey and one of Matt Kemp, Adam Wainwright, Jay Bruce, Josh Donaldson or Ryan Zimmerman. So essentially, Zimmermann and Bumgarner would fill Harvey's spot, plus possibly my 4th spot. I feel that making this trade would be a great move for me this year but am worried about missing out on having the best pitcher in baseball for the rest of his career. I'm not worried so much about Cingrani, as he's been bumped from the rotation multiple times this year already and hasn't exactly been lights out when he has pitched. Do you think Zimmermann and Bumgarner are a good return?
iceicebrady
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper League: Trading Matt Harvey

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:39 am

I would do that. Help you go for the title this year. Zimm is close to Harvey (remember he's young too and not on a cap). Mad Bum is clearly an upgrade. I mean Waino/Zimm/Mad Bum is pretty sick. I would keep an elite bat over a mid tier arm like Mad Bum anyway. Zimm would become a keeper for you, but I think I like Donaldson as a keeper (if he steadies and stays productive all season), Wainwright (top 10 starter) or even Jay Bruce (the beast OF). I would deal Kemp for some help maybe at 1b or 2b if you need it.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1956)

Postby iceicebrady » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:16 am

What do you think about these other trades that he offered to me? I basically have a choice of the three. Keep in mind my pitching staff without who I'm giving up consists of Wainwright, Buccholz, Lynn and Josh Johnson. I also stream pitchers on occasion but not too often as we are limited to one FA two-start pitcher per week and are allowed 60 adds on the season. When not streaming or using my own starters with two-starts or quality matchups, I overload my staff with closers (Chapman, Rivera, Nathan, Romo, Soriano).

The first trade is what I already listed (Harvey/Cingrani for Bumgarner/Zimmermann).

Trade #2:
Harvey/Cingrani for Bumgarner/Masterson/Medlen
I definitely prefer the first one to this as I'm just not a believer in Masterson pitching at this pace ROS. Don't know how I feel about Medlen, either. Because of how I explained my strategy when setting my lineup, I prefer the quality that Bumgarner and Zimmermann would provide ROS over the quantity of Masterson and Medlen.

Trade #3:
Harvey/Cingrani for Bumgarner/Shelby Miller/Medlen
I'm considering this trade simply because of the quality of Miller as a keeper. He should be a stud for years to come, just like Harvey. He's just going to run into the innings cap much sooner than Harvey, so I'd be in a similar situation that I'm in now. However, I'd also be adding Bumgarner and and Medlen.
iceicebrady
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Cks4828 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:49 am

I would go with the first trade. Zimmerman and Bumgarner are more sure things at this point then Shelby Miller is, especially with the way he has been pitching of late.
Cks4828
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions