Fantasy baseball stats website - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy baseball stats website

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy baseball stats website

Postby danopkt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:12 am

Some of you may remember a survey I posted on here a few months ago (http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=454345) that I was looking for help with. Based on that feedback (thanks to everyone that took the time to fill it out!), we decided to create a new fantasy stats website.

The site is designed to make it simple and straightforward to find the information you're looking for. You can filter out players based on a wide variety stats, view graphs and charts of player's performances over any timeframe, and quickly compare players against each other. If you use Yahoo for your baseball league, you can also import your team right into the software.

If you're interested, you can check things out by going to http://statsidekick.com/analysis.

If you do check it out, I'd love to get your feedback. I'd really like to get your input on how we can make this a tool that makes your life easier. Thanks for the help!
danopkt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fantasy baseball stats website

Postby J35J » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:52 pm

danopkt wrote:Some of you may remember a survey I posted on here a few months ago (http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=454345) that I was looking for help with. Based on that feedback (thanks to everyone that took the time to fill it out!), we decided to create a new fantasy stats website.

The site is designed to make it simple and straightforward to find the information you're looking for. You can filter out players based on a wide variety stats, view graphs and charts of player's performances over any timeframe, and quickly compare players against each other. If you use Yahoo for your baseball league, you can also import your team right into the software.

If you're interested, you can check things out by going to http://statsidekick.com/analysis.

If you do check it out, I'd love to get your feedback. I'd really like to get your input on how we can make this a tool that makes your life easier. Thanks for the help!

Good luck with it! ;-D

I gotta be honest though, I'm not that interested in learning the layout of a new website and how to navigate it when I can just go to fangraphs and get everything I want and already know the layout and how to navigate the site.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby danopkt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks man! No worries - completely understood it's not going to be for everyone. If you come up with anything in particular that would make it more usable for you though, I'm all ears!

Btw - one nice thing about the site that might not be readily apparent is that you can customize the layout by dragging the widgets.
danopkt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jefferey13 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I clicked on it just to check it out. FYI it doesn't fit correctly in Chrome browser.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby danopkt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Hey jefferey13, if you have a minute, can you shoot me a screenshot of what you're seeing? I'll shoot you a PM with my email address. It's currently working for me in Chrome, so I'd like to get a better sense of what the problem is. Thanks for the heads up!
danopkt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Pochucker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:21 pm

I gave it a quick look (maybe to quick) and I dont see the data for any Sabremetric stats other than BABIP. Tracking the usual counting stats means little no matter how you present them.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby danopkt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling someone was going to mention that :). I wanted to have more in there for launch, but I just didn't have quite enough time.

You're correct that BABIP is the only Sabremetric stat in there right now, but I'm in the process of adding some more. I actually have some others already coded up (they're listed in the filters in the left sidebar), they're just not accessible for display at the moment. I'm going to be adding plenty more beyond that set though. If you or anybody else has stats that they find particularly useful, I'd be happy to add them in the near future as long as the calculations aren't too crazy.
danopkt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby footballisbetter.com » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:00 pm

it works for me in Chrome
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 102)

Postby jefferey13 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:10 pm

footballisbetter.com wrote:it works for me in Chrome

Ya I showed him a screen shot and he figured it out.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby danopkt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Yes indeed, it has to do with the size of the browser window - part of the left sidebar will get chopped off if it isn't tall enough. I'm working on a fix for that now. Thanks for the help in tracking that down guys!
danopkt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers