Championship bound or more work to do? Worthwhile WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Championship bound or more work to do? Worthwhile WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Championship bound or more work to do? Worthwhile WHIR

Postby LaLigaDelArbusto » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:54 pm

After a solid draft, good FA moves, and a few blockbuster trades, I think I've assembled a team for the ages - elite talent from top to bottom on both sides of the ball. I'm considering replacing Leake or Parker with a waiver wire arm (Kluber or Medlen, who was somehow dropped in our league), but otherwise I think my team is set up for a solid rest-of-season run. I'd love to hear what you think and I'll be glad to help in return.

12 Team H2H Keeper - keep up to 4 players a year for two rounds higher than the round they were drafted/kept in the previous season, players can be kept maximum of three years.

(Numbers in parentheses = round player can be kept in next season)

C - Joe Mauer
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Jason Kipnis (7th round keeper)
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Jean Segura (22nd)
OF - Mike Trout (11th)
OF - Starling Marte (18th)
OF - Jason Heyward
Util - Giancarlo Stanton
Additional - Domonic Brown (22nd), Xander Bogaerts (22nd)

SP - Clayton Kershaw
SP - Max Scherzer
SP - Cliff Lee
RP - Bobby Parnell
RP - Rex Brothers
P - Mariano Rivera
P - Joaquin Benoit
Additional - Jordan Zimmermann (14th), Homer Bailey, Mike Leake, Jarrod Parker, Brandon Beachy (22nd)
Last edited by LaLigaDelArbusto on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
LaLigaDelArbusto
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Championship bound or more work to do? Worthwhile WHIR

Postby redskincow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 am

Only place to improve a little is OF.

not exactly sure of your question but yes I'd pickup medlen asap...he's
Cal Ripken > Jeter
redskincow
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LaLigaDelArbusto » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:41 am

Sorry about that, I should've been more clear - I'm generally happy with my team, but I'm wondering if anyone sees anything that can be improved upon.
LaLigaDelArbusto
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ShadyB4 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:40 pm

I would start looking at the players you have as keepers and how long you have them for. Team all around is good, you have pitching and great hitters. My only exmple would be if this is year two of a player like Trout (I am sure this is year two) or Kershaw (I don't see a round so I am assuming you can no longer keep him) to spread that talent around. That would only be in an urgent case where a certain position drops off (be careful at catcher, I know Mauer is good at catcher, he does nothing but score runs and hit for average so an improvement there is not terrible). I would not make any moves at the moment, but if a problem area arises, you can always use those second year assets to spread the talent among two or three positions in the right Trout or Kershaw deal. Like I said, sit still, but I am always looking so that would be in the back of my mind.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=462512
ShadyB4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby phoenix » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Wow, great looking squad. The only weak point I see is Jason Heyward. I'd just keep a watchful eye on the FA list to see if any OF out there start heating up. Heyward has minimal value, IMO. Keep an eye on Taveras on the Redbirds and be ready to snatch him up just before the Cards call him up. I think he'll outperform Heyward and you might be able to upgrade the position for essentially nothing.

Good luck! My team here, check it out please: viewtopic.php?t=462614 Thanks!
phoenix
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team