Wil Myers is coming! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wil Myers is coming!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wil Myers is coming!

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:59 pm

Wil Myers is getting the call.

@TBTimes_Rays
Marc Topkin has covered the Rays for the Tampa Bay Times (formerly St. Petersburg Times) and http://tampabay.com since, well, forever.
Marc Topkin ‏@TBTimes_Rays 5m
It's happened: #Rays calling up @wilmyers; he'll join team in Boston. Roberts optioned



minor league numbers.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/ ... liam-Myers

projections?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers is coming!

Postby Ray Zorback » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:26 am

I'm thinking about trading him away in a 14 team keeper league. I have a crowded OF already, CarGo, Rios, Choo, Aoki, Grandy, Crawford.

What level player should I expect to get?
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 424
(Past Year: 237)
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: usually 1st place

Re: Wil Myers is coming!

Postby jefferey13 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Ray Zorback wrote:I'm thinking about trading him away in a 14 team keeper league. I have a crowded OF already, CarGo, Rios, Choo, Aoki, Grandy, Crawford.

What level player should I expect to get?


I'd hope pretty high. I think with what harper/trout did when they came up and now with what puig is doing people are high on prospects. I'm not planning on trading him because though because I'm hoping for good production.
Image
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 778
Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers is coming!

Postby Ray Zorback » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 pm

This is why I hate trading anymore. I told everyone I wanted help at 2nd or SP. (I have Uggla)

So this is the first offer I get.

Infante for Myers

Really? Someone thinks this is a good offer.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 424
(Past Year: 237)
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: usually 1st place

Re: Wil Myers is coming!

Postby Element » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Ray Zorback wrote:This is why I hate trading anymore. I told everyone I wanted help at 2nd or SP. (I have Uggla)

So this is the first offer I get.

Infante for Myers

Really? Someone thinks this is a good offer.


There's always the change that Myers produces no better than someone like Cody Ross. Then yeah. Infante would be the more valuable player. Often times though, the initial offer is just a starting point. In any form of negotiation is often a mistake to give your best offer first. Counter offer or open up lines of communication to see what else he could offer.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 719)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers is coming!

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:58 pm

hopefully this former Royals prospect ends up producing more than current Royals players and former prospects, Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas. remember how much hype they had a few years ago?
sometimes you get spoiled with guys like Trout and Harper, but then are other top prospects who don't produce right away. you don't always remember them. but maybe guys like.. Dominic Brown? (not 2013 version), Jesus Montero? Brett Jackson? Anthony Rizzo? (with Padres), Chris Davis also comes to mind when he first came up with Texas.

high potential. potential.

who would be expected to produce better going forward for 2013 and also 2014 plus. Yasiel Puig or Wil Myers?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers is coming!

Postby Element » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:00 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:hopefully this former Royals prospect ends up producing more than current Royals players and former prospects, Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas. remember how much hype they had a few years ago?
sometimes you get spoiled with guys like Trout and Harper, but then are other top prospects who don't produce right away. you don't always remember them. but maybe guys like.. Dominic Brown? (not 2013 version), Jesus Montero? Brett Jackson? Anthony Rizzo? (with Padres), Chris Davis also comes to mind when he first came up with Texas.

high potential. potential.

who would be expected to produce better going forward for 2013 and also 2014 plus. Yasiel Puig or Wil Myers?


Puig most definitely in roto formats. Myers reminds me a lot of a Jay Bruce type. Not that there is anything wrong with that either. Puig's tool set is off the charts.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 719)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers is coming!

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Puig vs Myers is an interesting question, but I think Puig should be unanimously preferred for no other reason than that in what is admittedly a small sample size, he has already shown very well vs major league pitching.

For all we know Puig is this year's Harper and Myers is this year's Trout, but I'll take one in the hand over one in the bush. For what it's worth, there seemed to be more expert hype surrounding Puig coming into the season with a lot of guys saying that they thought he was ready last year. With Myers, there is no overwhelming consensus and plenty of experts are quite bearish on him, at least for this season.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3166
(Past Year: 89)
Joined: 30 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers is coming!

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:18 pm

I was looking up something and just had to share what I found.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1443 ... ast/page/2
5 Bold Predictions for Wil Myers' Career in the AL East
article was from December 12 2012.
the 2nd prediction is that Myers will hit his first HR at Fenway Park. that was a prediction from December. Myers is coming up tomorrow. where is his first game? Fenway Park in Boston. #freaky.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wil Myers is coming!

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I was looking up something and just had to share what I found.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1443 ... ast/page/2
5 Bold Predictions for Wil Myers' Career in the AL East
article was from December 12 2012.
the 2nd prediction is that Myers will hit his first HR at Fenway Park. that was a prediction from December. Myers is coming up tomorrow. where is his first game? Fenway Park in Boston. #freaky.


It says first multi HR game, not first HR. Still cool though.
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3542
(Past Year: 32)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact