6/13 Cheering, Venting, & I Think I Might Sit Harvey?!?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

6/13 Cheering, Venting, & I Think I Might Sit Harvey?!?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 6/13 Cheering, Venting, & I Think I Might Sit Harvey?!?!

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:09 pm

I have 2 fantasy baseball teams. On both I have Dexter Fowler and Carlos Gonzalez. I got off of work early today so I was excited to watch the 3 o'clock start game between the Nationals and the Rockies. In the first inning CarGo leaves the game after hurting his foot in the on deck circle. In the third inning, Fowler gets hit in the fingers by a pitch while squaring around to bunt and is quickly on the ground writhing in pain. This has been a horrible attempt at watching a day game. :-t

Edit: At least both appear to be ok.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Tyler Colvin could be due for more playing. nice option to pick up.

also Colorado related.
Rockies catcher Wilin Rosario recently underwent a biopsy on the inner part of his right elbow and is expected to get the results of the test Friday, MLB.com reports. Rosario said Thursday the decision to have the biopsy came as a result of water fungus on his left arm, but that the site of the biopsy has almost healed.

maybe I'm stupid. what's a biopsy?
I thought a biopsy was something a woman had done on her breasts. :-? :-S
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Izenhart » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:12 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:Tyler Colvin could be due for more playing. nice option to pick up.

also Colorado related.
Rockies catcher Wilin Rosario recently underwent a biopsy on the inner part of his right elbow and is expected to get the results of the test Friday, MLB.com reports. Rosario said Thursday the decision to have the biopsy came as a result of water fungus on his left arm, but that the site of the biopsy has almost healed.

maybe I'm stupid. what's a biopsy?
I thought a biopsy was something a woman had done on her breasts. :-? :-S

a biopsy is when something is scientifically dissected, to see what it is. If I did a biopsy on the bubblegum stain on my shoe, I'd find that it is Bazooka Grape flavor. Yum.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 293)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Rockies players dropping. now it's Tulowitzki.
Troy Tulowitzki left Thursday's game against the Nationals in the eighth inning with an apparent injury.
Carlos Gonzalez and Dexter Fowler also left the game with injuries, so this wasn't a good day for the Rockies. No word on the exact nature of Tulo's injury, but Troy Renck of the Denver Post notes that he didn't look right after making a diving stop of a ground ball. There should be an update soon.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Rutledge has gotta be coming up now. Tulo injured and LeMahieu is garbage, and Rutledge is on fire (albeit in Colo Springs). Don't know how his defense has been but if Tulo misses any time it is all but a guarantee that he gets the call, right?
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Yeah, I pounced on Rutledge. Had just been looking at his minor league numbers yesterday (.348/.438/.565). Edit: had the wrong numbers for a second. If Tulo has to miss time, I'd agree he's gotta be the call.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:55 pm

@adamrubinespn Harvey is 29th pitcher in history w/ 8 no-decisions in 9-start span. Harvey's 2.66 ERA is best ever during such a span.

I might punch someone in the face...

Harvey: I needed to put up seven zeroes

NEW YORK -- Terry Collins pulled Matt Harvey aside after the right-hander’s dominating performance Thursday nonetheless ended in his first loss of the season.

The manager told Harvey what the ace undoubtedly already knows: Don’t let what you cannot control frustrate you.

Or, translated: The offense stinks. It’s not your fault. So don’t try to do too much.

n Harvey’s six career losses, the Mets have scored a total of three runs with him on the mound and seven runs overall in those games.

“I thought today was more important than the other days,” Collins said about delivering the message to Harvey, who limited the St. Louis Cardinals to one run in seven innings in what became a 2-1 loss.

“This guy is a different animal. He’s very, very aware of what he needs to do and what major league pitchers have to do. They can’t worry about lack of offense or [teammates] not making plays. They’ve got to go do their jobs. He’s done that, but when you’re pitching as well as he has and are just unable to win some games, it can be a little frustrating, especially for a young guy who is trying to make an impact in this league.”

In typical fashion, Harvey pointed the finger at himself. If Adam Wainwright tossed seven scoreless innings, Harvey said, he needed to match that performance.

“You guys know me. I don’t like to lose,” Harvey said. “Today I needed to go out and put up zeroes and I wasn’t able to do that. If I go seven with seven zeroes then we’re still playing the ballgame and have a better chance of winning. Obviously, I’m not happy about losing. I don’t like losing even if I don’t pitch.”

Harvey has one win since moving to 4-0 on April 19. He is 1-1 with eight no-decisions in his past 10 starts.

“It’s pitching. It’s going to happen,” Harvey said.

Con't...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:03 pm

not breaking news. Vernon Wells sucks. today's extra inning game so far, 0 for 6. and he's due up in the top of the 15th.
you might be asking yourself, wait, does this guy roster Vernon Wells??! yes, actually I roster and started Wells today. but this is a 16 team league.

EDIT: and Wells strikes out looking. can't even swing. make that 0 for 7. but hey at least he's not alone, Hafner also went 0 for 7.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Izenhart » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:23 pm

With CarGo and Fowler banged up today, on top of Cuddyer not being 100%, I'd think the Rox are sorry for DFA'ing EYjr. I sort of expected him to be a sneaky play going forward now its suddenly Colvin. I'd grab him in any league I could right now. (Especially ones that have guys like Vernon Wells starting.)
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 293)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Izenhart wrote:With CarGo and Fowler banged up today, on top of Cuddyer not being 100%, I'd think the Rox are sorry for DFA'ing EYjr. I sort of expected him to be a sneaky play going forward now its suddenly Colvin. I'd grab him in any league I could right now. (Especially ones that have guys like Vernon Wells starting.)

lol Vernon Wells.
I picked up Colvin whatever day it was he came up.
my 16 team league rosters 27 players, plus there are 4 spots eligible for DL players. that is at least 432 players plus whatever players end up in DL spots. waivers can be very thin.
along with Wells I'm also still rostering Moustakas and Michael Saunders, who are both absolutely sucking right now.

there certainly have been some long extra inning games this season.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers