Dodgers/Diamondbacks fight. Greinke/Kennedy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dodgers/Diamondbacks fight. Greinke/Kennedy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dodgers/Diamondbacks fight. Greinke/Kennedy

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:28 pm

I think MLB wants you to believe that they don't want fighting and/or that type of behavior, but I personally don't believe it. if they really wanted it gone, it could easily be done. just make the suspensions longer. there are situations where clearly there was fighting and a player deserved to be suspended. instead of some slap on the hand like 5 games, make it 15-20. a punishment shouldn't be just a punishment for what you already did wrong, but it should stop you from doing it wrong to begin with. if a pitcher knew he would be suspended for something like 20-25 games (3 starts through the rotation) I bet it would cut down on intentionally hitting/throwing at the batters.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ayebatter » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:17 pm

wrveres wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I would take Williams every time in that match up.
He would chew up big Mac and spit him out.

yeah me too. Im no lip reader but it looks like he says, "dont you be bullshitting with me" and then the stare causing Mark to back down pretty quick. Mark knew what was coming next .. :-)

You need to go back and look at the video again, it took both Gibson and Williams to contain big Mac
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1358)

Postby Izenhart » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 pm

ayebatter wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I would take Williams every time in that match up.
He would chew up big Mac and spit him out.

yeah me too. Im no lip reader but it looks like he says, "dont you be bullshitting with me" and then the stare causing Mark to back down pretty quick. Mark knew what was coming next .. :-)

You need to go back and look at the video again, it took both Gibson and Williams to contain big Mac

That wasn't containing. That was hey if you try anything I'm gonna rip your shirt and hope you don't get madder. There is no containing Big Mac when he attacks.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 293)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:28 pm

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?c_i ... d=20130614

Eric Hinske is appealing his suspension. doesn't believe he should be suspended at all. Puig the aggressor?
"I don't believe what I did out there warranted any suspension let alone a five-game suspension, so I'm a little confused by the situation," Hinske said. "In my mind, Puig was the aggressor on the field throughout the whole fight out of any player on that field, and he received no games."

funny quote from Montero.
Montero, who said he was on the bottom on the pile, was angry that Puig and Zack Grienke did not receive any punishment for their actions, and thought the suspensions were one-sided.

"I just kept feeling punches," Montero said. "Obviously they are probably my teammates that were punching me because we're the only ones who got suspended."
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers