6/10 Cheering, Venting, & Teheran Gets My Juices Flowin - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

6/10 Cheering, Venting, & Teheran Gets My Juices Flowin

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

6/10 Cheering, Venting, & Teheran Gets My Juices Flowin

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Going into the season, RJ sold me hook, line, and sinker on Julio Teheran, the same way he has on numerous other Braves SPs who have wound up being terrible (I'm looking at you Randall Delgado). I was all in. Took him with the 192nd pick in my main league's draft. Eligible keeper. Riding high. Then the beginning of April happened. It was like I walked in on him sleeping with my wife. I was angry, sad, confused, torn. Why would he do this to me? After buying into him and his pimptastic Spring? Why would he hurt me like this? What did I do to deserve this? I'm a good person. An educator. A civil servant. A union thug, depending who you ask. And thus, I dropped Julio on Friday, May 3rd, at 10:46 am. It was like breaking up with the love of my life, or putting a beloved pet to sleep. I was no longer whole. I had a void. Until, that is, May 15th, less than two weeks later, at 6:01 am, as I had my morning coffee. Julio had just thrown his second consecutive Quality Start, this time against the D'Backs, and like a battered wife who is told by her husband that he hits her because he loves her and he won't do it again, Mr. Teheran and I were reunited. Since then, we've had some good times. Julio is in the midst of throwing 7 of his last 8 outings for Quality Starts, and having his K tally increase in each of his last five consecutive outings, culminating in 9 and 11 Ks respectively, the last two times he's toed the rubber. His ERA is 3.30, his WHIP is 1.21, and early April is long gone and forgotten. The bruises have healed and subsided, as if they were never there. Since April 23rd, Teheran has struck out 43 batters, while issuing just 8 walks. Cliff Lee-esque, if you will. Today, he takes the bump for the Braves against the Whales Vagina Padres, in the mean streets of San Diego, opposing New York native Jason Marquis, with a chance to continue his legacy. Don't let me down Julio. I've just finished picking up all the pieces of my heart. Don't break it all over again...

Please share today, the epic journey you have shared with a player of your choosing...

.: Today's Games :.

BOS: Lackey (3-5, 2.79 ERA)
TB: Cobb (6-2, 2.39 ERA)

MIL: Gallardo (4-6, 5.25 ERA)
MIA: Nolasco (3-6, 3.61 ERA)

LAA: Weaver (1-1, 3.13 ERA)
BAL: Garcia (2-3, 4.70 ERA)

CIN: Bailey (3-4, 3.84 ERA)
CHC: Feldman (5-4, 2.84 ERA)

CLE: Kazmir (3-3, 5.24 ERA)
TEX: Lindblom (0-1, 7.71 ERA)

ARI: Miley (4-5, 4.92 ERA)
LAD: Kershaw (5-4, 1.93 ERA)

TOR: Dickey (5-7, 4.66 ERA)
CHW: Axelrod (3-4, 3.73 ERA)

TOR: Dickey (5-7, 4.66 ERA)
CHW: Axelrod (3-4, 3.73 ERA)

DET: Fister (5-3, 3.27 ERA)
KC: Guthrie (6-3, 3.66 ERA)

HOU: Keuchel (3-2, 4.70 ERA)
SEA: Iwakuma (6-1, 1.94 ERA)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6/10 Cheering, Venting, & Teheran Gets My Juices Flowin

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:11 pm

In case you tl;dr, I am starting Julio Teheran @SD today, as well as Ricky Nolasco vsMIL, and chasing that with Cingrani, Cole, and Cashner tomorrow. Are there five other guys you could pick where the outcome could swing so far in either direction when all is said and done? :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm going with Cole and Cash Daddy tomorrow as well. I might sit Cingrani. We'll see.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:36 pm

I know this isn't the correct place for this question, but really need to beat my coworker this week.

Better start this week between:
Maholm @ SD (Volquez)
Samardzija vs Cin (Latos)
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:41 pm

I like Samardzija
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Who would you spot start tonight at CI? Kyle Blanks vs ATL (Teheran) or Mike Carp @ TB (Cobb)

Both red hot right now.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:15 pm

This is Gallardo's last chance. If he can't take care of Miami he's not going to see my starting rotation again.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Bourjos back with the Angles off the DL. but he is batting in the 9 spot. he was having some really nice numbers from the leadoff spot before being injured, but apparently the Angles want to give a chance with Trout/Hamilton/Pujols at the top of the order. I guess having Bourjos/Trout/Hamilton/Pujols at the top is too much of a stretch to consider. :-? :^
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:03 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:I'm going with Cole and Cash Daddy tomorrow as well. I might sit Cingrani. We'll see.

I have Wacha going against the Mets tomorrow too. lol. I think I'll start Cingrani then.

Cole, Cashner, Cingrani and Wacha! I'm going to stay away from the computer. It will be a rollercoaster ride.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:15 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:I'm going with Cole and Cash Daddy tomorrow as well. I might sit Cingrani. We'll see.

I have Wacha going against the Mets tomorrow too. lol. I think I'll start Cingrani then.

Cole, Cashner, Cingrani and Wacha! I'm going to stay away from the computer. It will be a rollercoaster ride.

Could end up with 4 Wins, a ton of Ks, and an ERA under 2. Or you could end up with an ERA over 8 on the day. I'm prepared for both scenarios.

Unrelated, welcome back Giancarlo. Let's start making up for lost time ya bastard.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers