Texas Rangers will look to "find time" for Profar.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Texas Rangers will look to "find time" for Profar..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Texas Rangers will look to "find time" for Profar..

Postby HighHeater » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Skin Blues wrote:I don't think it's bashing him to suggest he might "just" be an all-star middle infielder. Expectations get out of whack when people see the #1 prospect ranking and then also see what Trout/Harper/Machado have done at such a young age. That's not normal. He's also ranked so high for his defense, his bat is not nearly on par with Trout/Harper.

i get that however the player that was comped does not make sense as he lacks pop and speed (Kendrick) which Profar has displayed in the minors... i do agree his bat is not on Trout/Harper's level and im not sure anyone suggested it might be however i do recall he outproduced Manny in the minors. I just think people are jumping the gun here, let the kid play a full time gig without getting yanked around all over the field before we cast judgement is all. Redrafters should of seen this coming... however his keep/dyno value is far from trending down at this point.
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IonZephyr » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:55 am

Any redraft managers with high hopes for profar ROS??? I hope his at-bats improve with the Cruz suspension
My 14 team league (Redraft H2H)
C McCann
1B M.Carpenter
2B Hill
3B Beltre
SS Desmond
OF: DeAza/Moss/R.Davis
BN: Rizzo
DL: Kemp
SP: Wainwright, Kuroda, Peavy, Garza, Gallardo, Cingrani, Leake, Wacha
RP: Romo, Cishek, Frieri
IonZephyr Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby AHF » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:15 pm

They have to start him regularly now. Pick a position (OF) and give him consistent games there. Stop erratically sitting him and moving him around the field so he can focus on developing consistency at the plate. With Cruz gone, there are no more excuses for Washington and the Rangers for Profar's development.
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers