Michael Wacha. Cardinals pitching prospect - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Wacha. Cardinals pitching prospect

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Michael Wacha. Cardinals pitching prospect

Postby rjforlife » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:09 am

ayebatter wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Am I wrong to believe that this guy should be a "Do not draft" next year and/or that he is a good guy to sell in dynasty leagues. He should have a ton of hype given his last 3 starts have been abusrd!

That straight over the top delivery sure has the umpires faked out on anything down in the zone, I can't believe the amount of calls that went his way today so I'd probably say he's a keeper right now.

His fastball dives so much, and he is still learning how to pitch. I would hold onto him, no doubt. His last three starts have been ridiculous, but he was a very highly touted prospect (1st round pick in 2012) and tore through the minor leagues. His success is not a surprise, I see no reason whatsoever to not draft him or sell him.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Yup, I'd keep him. He's good. His best two pitches are arguably the best two pitches to have. A controllable fastball with velocity behind it and a good change-up. He's also got breaking pitches that he has more than enough time to work on and make above average as well. He pitches for arguably the best organization in the game and a team who routinely produces top pitching talent...and big games don't appear to rattle him either, whats not to like?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby jeffmerk » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Am I wrong to believe that this guy should be a "Do not draft" next year and/or that he is a good guy to sell in dynasty leagues. He should have a ton of hype given his last 3 starts have been abusrd!

I drafted him at $2 in a 13 team NL only Ultra Roto league when he was still at A&M. Given the Cards track record with pitchers, I'll be hanging onto him. I would consider Kelly a sell high candidate.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 90)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers