Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Puig Watch

Postby KELLYLEAK » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:58 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:I'm listening to Cockroft and Karabell right now on the fantasy focus podcast and I'm tempted to turn it off because of their handling of the Puig situation. They're projecting something like 250 ABs for him over the rest of the season, calling his a "Profar situation," giving too much (IMO) credit to a scenario where he gets sent back down--- Karabell is saying he'd rather have Cameron Maybin right now.

Look, I know the guy is a rookie, but on upside alone I think he's a top ~60 player in overall value right now, and I acknowledge that a big component of that is perception/hype, but we've seen so many guys like this come up and rake in their first MLB action including a 19/20 year old Harper/Trout respectively.

I'm all for experts pouring cold water on overhyped guys who might very well be flashes in the pan, but Cockroft/Karabell are just too far behind the curve right now on Puig and I don't think I can take them seriously/even listen to the rest of today's podcast. Sorry for the ranting response but if anyone else happened to listen to fantasy focus today they'll probably understand my frustration.

Just a follow up- yahoo is reporting that Cameron Maybin, the ESPN "experts" Karabell and Cockm*nch choice over Puig, hurt his knee and will be out 4-6 weeks. If you listened to them you deserve what you get- a guy with little upside who's now hurt. If you listened to some of us touting the upside of Puig you may have hit gold. I emphasize the word "may" it's still early.
KELLYLEAK Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:17 pm

KELLYLEAK wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:I'm listening to Cockroft and Karabell right now on the fantasy focus podcast and I'm tempted to turn it off because of their handling of the Puig situation. They're projecting something like 250 ABs for him over the rest of the season, calling his a "Profar situation," giving too much (IMO) credit to a scenario where he gets sent back down--- Karabell is saying he'd rather have Cameron Maybin right now.

Look, I know the guy is a rookie, but on upside alone I think he's a top ~60 player in overall value right now, and I acknowledge that a big component of that is perception/hype, but we've seen so many guys like this come up and rake in their first MLB action including a 19/20 year old Harper/Trout respectively.

I'm all for experts pouring cold water on overhyped guys who might very well be flashes in the pan, but Cockroft/Karabell are just too far behind the curve right now on Puig and I don't think I can take them seriously/even listen to the rest of today's podcast. Sorry for the ranting response but if anyone else happened to listen to fantasy focus today they'll probably understand my frustration.

Just a follow up- yahoo is reporting that Cameron Maybin, the ESPN "experts" Karabell and Cockm*nch choice over Puig, hurt his knee and will be out 4-6 weeks. If you listened to them you deserve what you get- a guy with little upside who's now hurt. If you listened to some of us touting the upside of Puig you may have hit gold. I emphasize the word "may" it's still early.

Maybin crushed in the week he was back. He suffered an unfortunate injury that has absolutely nothing to do with what the writers were suggesting. I'm not a big 'experts' guy, but this is possibly the worst example ever of trying to show their ineptitude.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:59 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
KELLYLEAK wrote:

Maybin crushed in the week he was back. He suffered an unfortunate injury that has absolutely nothing to do with what the writers were suggesting. I'm not a big 'experts' guy, but this is possibly the worst example ever of trying to show their ineptitude.

The injury angle sure, but are you honestly saying you'd rather have had Maybin than Puig a week ago?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Pweeg not playing tonight. Sore right shoulder from throwing too many punches.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby jefferey13 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:42 pm

wrveres wrote:Pweeg not playing tonight. Sore right shoulder from throwing too many punches.

I was not excited to see this. Puig hitting in the dodgers lineup is one of the few things I look forward to watching about the dodgers when Kershaw isn't pitching with how much their injuries have hurt them.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:47 pm

jefferey13 wrote:
wrveres wrote:Pweeg not playing tonight. Sore right shoulder from throwing too many punches.

I was not excited to see this. Puig hitting in the dodgers lineup is one of the few things I look forward to watching about the dodgers when Kershaw isn't pitching with how much their injuries have hurt them.

The Dodgers have it so rough.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Puig Watch

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:48 pm

wrveres wrote:Pweeg not playing tonight. Dodgers are afraid the dbacks are gonna put one in his ear.

Ftfy.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 171)

Postby jefferey13 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 pm

bigh0rt wrote:The Dodgers have it so rough.

I can't decide if this is sarcasm lol
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers