Puig Watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Puig Watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Puig Watch

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:if Puig is staying with the Dodgers, would they do that to have him play every day, or would they keep him around for 2 to 3 games a week?
if Puig is going to be starting every day, then which one of Kemp/Crawford/Ethier is he replacing? clearly right now Ethier isn't hitting, but I look at what he has done before this season and I think he can get back to that level.
do the Dodgers just bench Ethier and play Puig? can they trade Ethier? this is his contract details from rotoworld.
2012: $10.95 million, 2013: $13.5 million, 2014: $15.5 million, 2015: $18 million, 2016: $18 million, 2017: $17.5 million, 2018: $17.5 million vesting option ($2.5 million buyout), 2019: Free agent

Puig has a bright future. but if he isn't going to be playing every day, wouldn't they be better to give him regular playing time back in the minors?

I just don't believe they would sit Puig. They'd give Crawford, Kemp, and Ethier 5 starts a week to keep Puig in the lineup 6. Again, it's just my opinion, but I just don't see other OFs on the roster playing every day or close to it at the expense of Puig playing every day or close to it. And this is all assuming that there is a significant chunk of the season during which all 4 of these guys are healthy, whereas only 2 of them are healthy right now.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 pm

I could see all 4 of them rotating in the OF so that they all can get playing time, if Puig is hitting. I wonder what happens if there comes a time when everyone is healthy and Puig has his 1st slump. does there come a time when they make the decision he would be better to see more time in the minors?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 103)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:11 pm

I suppose anything is possible, but there is such a huge buzz surrounding Puig right now that it seems to me he would have to really stink for a long time for the organization to be able to justify the move to their fans. There's something to be said for not being able to put the toothpaste back in the tube. The hype train is already out of control.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby hot4tx » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:27 pm

I think Ethier's toast for the Dodgers, IMO. I think they trade him somewhere soon for a low-level prospect and end up eating a lot of the contract. I think Puig maybe the Dodgers' feel-good story for the year. And this is from a guy that just clicked accept on a deal that traded Puig to another team.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 138)

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:That slide into 1st base Saturday night was a thing of ugliness. Someone didn't coach him that he would reach 1st just as fast running than sliding. As it was he dove into the bag rather than slid into it. He bounced off the bag so crazily I thought for sure that 1000s of Yahoo lunkheads would be dropping him today. It looked bad and was a horrible fundamental play.

Still want his Puiglets, tho.

I thought that he dislocated his shoulder and was done for the season after 1 week in the bigs. Especially after he kept shaking and trying to loosen up his arm after the slide. I kept waiting for a cross to appear next to his name in my keeper league. I think that he would have been safe on the play anyway. He almost had a near collision when he moved over to center yesterday as well. And the bunt during the 1st AB was a thing of pure ugly. It was a cheer or cringe kinda weekend for the Puig owners.

He probably would have hit 2 more HRs on Sunday if he didn't hurt himself while sliding into 1st base..... :-b
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Why do his team mates hate him so?

He has played 7 games and was lead off batter in each. He scored 4 runs because...heh it 4 home runs!!! The guy had a .483 OBP, hit two doubles and yet no one can drive him home? :-°

Tonight he is batting clean up and smacks a single into right. He gets stranded at 2nd.

EDIT: He is 2 for 2 and batting a mere .500. He was later thrown out going to third on a single.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:41 pm

uh oh.

Ray Guilfoyle ‏@faketeams 3m

Puig limping after running out that ground ball. Being looked at by trainers and heading to clubhouse. UGH

Tim Brown ‏@TBrownYahoo 3m

Yasiel Puig appears to be limping slightly after grounding out to SS. Leaves dugout with trainer. Dodger Stadium crowd groans.

Dodgers Nation ‏@DodgersNation 5m

I'm gonna say that the internet might explode again. Puig limping after he crosses 1st base and everyone surrounding him. Walking it off.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

..all is good again.

Tim Brown ‏@TBrownYahoo 3m

Puig returns to RF to start the third.

false alarm. back to whatever you were doing.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Puig just took a pitch right in the face. He is down.
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Looks like he took a high fastball that grazed his nose. He was down for a bit being looked at by trainers. He got up and tweeked his nose for a bit.

THEN DONNED THE HELMET AND RAN TO FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers