Someone actually made this offer to me - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Someone actually made this offer to me

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Someone actually made this offer to me

Postby Garvey6 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 am

This guy sent a league-wide message in our 12-team, AL Only dynasty league saying he was too far behind and is looking to trade with 2014 in mind. I responded saying I was hurting in steals and would be interested in either Austin Jackson or Coco Crisp and would be willing to part with Danny Hultzen, the best LHP pitcher in the minors who will be in the majors this year. Here is his response:

I will offer you:

Coco Crisp
Austin Jackson and
Alberto Callaspo

For
David Murphy
Sean Doolittle
Danny Hultzen
Aaron Hicks or Oswaldo Arcia
Byron Buxton
Brandon Maurer
Joe Ortiz
Josh Fields

You are so close to winning this year it sure looks like this trade will get you there. You are getting 3 starters. Yes you are giving up your young players for the next few years but how often are you in a position to win this year?

I told him I wasn't giving up Buxton (whom I view as a Troute-esque player) and he responded with, "nevermind then". Unbelievable.
Garvey6
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Someone actually made this offer to me

Postby toledomudhens » Wed May 22, 2013 8:44 am

While I do play in a 10 Al only, big $$$ league It's not a dynasty. We are a 4 keeper league...I look at that trade and ask....please add miggy, and sherzer and we might have a deal....
#1 crisp is a walking DL stint, for all the talent this guy has, you can bet your last buck he will be there at least 2 more times this year...

#2Jackson, he is right now on the DL for hamstring issues, do this guy honestly think he is gonna go out there and all of a sudden steal 40 bases from here on out? cause sinse his 27 steal season 3 years ago, he has done nothing but go down in that cat each year.
Tell this guy to jump in a lake, and to make sure it is the shallowest part of it.....p.s....lol@callaspo as well...
For a package of prospects like that, you damn well better get better than that....Dealing your future means your making sure you win right now, and sorry to tell you....crispy and jackson will not do it....good luck... ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 196)

Re: Someone actually made this offer to me

Postby MadDog36 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:09 am

Crisp for Mauerer and a throw in prospect.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1943)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions