Kevin Gausman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kevin Gausman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kevin Gausman

Postby lastingsgriller » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:32 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
bayside wrote:Poor Orioles fan... not a single pitching prospect has panned out in recent memory and now the savior himslef, Dylan Bundy is on the shelf with multiple visits to Dr. Doom, and Gausman has shown he is just no match for MLB hitters.

Tillman has panned out, Bundy has been cleared to throw, Gausman has had 2 starts and is far from a bust, and most importantly, we're 8 games over .500. It's a pretty good time to be an O's fan if you ask me.

They could really use an effective Arrieta right now. Wasn't there three big arms in that group? Tillman, Arrieta and...
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kevin Gausman

Postby mac-unit » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:47 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
bayside wrote:Poor Orioles fan... not a single pitching prospect has panned out in recent memory and now the savior himslef, Dylan Bundy is on the shelf with multiple visits to Dr. Doom, and Gausman has shown he is just no match for MLB hitters.

Tillman has panned out, Bundy has been cleared to throw, Gausman has had 2 starts and is far from a bust, and most importantly, we're 8 games over .500. It's a pretty good time to be an O's fan if you ask me.

They could really use an effective Arrieta right now. Wasn't there three big arms in that group? Tillman, Arrieta and...

Brian Matusz
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Kevin Gausman

Postby lastingsgriller » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:05 pm

mac-unit wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:

Brian Matusz

Oh yeah.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:47 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
mac-unit wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:They could really use an effective Arrieta right now. Wasn't there three big arms in that group? Tillman, Arrieta and...

Brian Matusz

Oh yeah.

Matusz isn't what they hoped he'd be, but he's an effective reliever, so at least he's contributing. Arrieta is a complete disappointment.

Back on topic though, Gausman pitched beautifully today. Ended up with a no decision, but did a fantastic job against a great TIgers lineup.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Norby » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:30 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
mac-unit wrote:
Brian Matusz

Oh yeah.

Matusz isn't what they hoped he'd be, but he's an effective reliever, so at least he's contributing. Arrieta is a complete disappointment.

Back on topic though, Gausman pitched beautifully today. Ended up with a no decision, but did a fantastic job against a great TIgers lineup.

You mean the same Tiger lineup that the Pirates dominated?
Norby
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 am

Norby wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:Oh yeah.

I think he means the same Tiger lineup that is 3rd in the MLB in both Runs and Team OPS, but I'm not certain.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Anyone still holding Gausman? He got owned by TB and faces Boston this week. I still have him in my 12 team points league, which is very deep in SP.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:24 am

footballisbetter.com wrote:Anyone still holding Gausman? He got owned by TB and faces Boston this week. I still have him in my 12 team points league, which is very deep in SP.

Depends on the league. He doesn't look ready though. Big fastball and sweet changeup, but I think he's getting way too much of the plate too often and getting hit hard.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Norby » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:53 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Norby wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Matusz isn't what they hoped he'd be, but he's an effective reliever, so at least he's contributing. Arrieta is a complete disappointment.

I think he means the same Tiger lineup that is 3rd in the MLB in both Runs and Team OPS, but I'm not certain.

Yeah and it's not possible that good teams ever get in funks or cold streaks. Just because he pitched well against the Tigers doesn't mean squat. I'd rather judge his entire body of work thus far, and it hasn't been very pretty. But you can continue with the smart ass remarks, anyway.
Norby
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Norby wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Norby wrote:

Yeah and it's not possible that good teams ever get in funks or cold streaks. Just because he pitched well against the Tigers doesn't mean squat. I'd rather judge his entire body of work thus far, and it hasn't been very pretty. But you can continue with the smart ass remarks, anyway.

Certainly you can't be serious. This post is a joke, right? At least the latter part. I'll just move forth assuming it's a joke.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers