5/20 Cheering, Venting, & Rotowire Blurbs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/20 Cheering, Venting, & Rotowire Blurbs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who would you rather own for the next 2 weeks?

Poll ended at Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 am

Jake Odorizzi - SP - TB
32%
Jurickson Profar - 2B - TEX
68%

Total votes : 22

Re: 5/20 Cheering, Venting, & Rotowire Blurbs

Postby rjforlife » Mon May 20, 2013 3:14 pm

I bragged about my teams week last night with a 1.50 era and such. I started Iwakuma and Kazmir today. What's that saying about Karma? !+)

Tack on a Wilhelmsen blown save to the disaster list. I have a bad feeling about this week. People, do NOT start Corbin at Colorado, it is going to be ugly.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm

I noticed something interesting that wasn't sure where to mention it. Nick Swisher is the #4 hitter for the Indians, but he has more R than RBI. in front of him he has Bourn, Kipnis, and Cabrera. behind him he has Reynolds and Santana. now Bourn did miss some time there.
I've been looking to trade for RBI from a hitter with IN/OF eligibility, and was looking at Swisher. I would imagine he would still get his good share of RBI going forward.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 70)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Twins Kyle Gibson might be up for Friday, or someone else.
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said Friday that Kyle Gibson, P.J. Walters, or Sam Deduno will be called up to start Friday against the Tigers.
The Twins optioned left-hander Pedro Hernandez to Triple-A Rochester on Monday, which immediately led to speculation that Gibson could get the call. The 25-year-old right-hander has a 3.25 ERA and 46/14 K/BB ratio in 52 2/3 innings through eight starts this season in Triple-A. Even if the Twins opt for Walters or Deduno, it's just a matter of time before Gibson arrives.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon May 20, 2013 5:40 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:Twins Kyle Gibson might be up for Friday, or someone else.
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said Friday that Kyle Gibson, P.J. Walters, or Sam Deduno will be called up to start Friday against the Tigers.
The Twins optioned left-hander Pedro Hernandez to Triple-A Rochester on Monday, which immediately led to speculation that Gibson could get the call. The 25-year-old right-hander has a 3.25 ERA and 46/14 K/BB ratio in 52 2/3 innings through eight starts this season in Triple-A. Even if the Twins opt for Walters or Deduno, it's just a matter of time before Gibson arrives.

Deduno would be my guess..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 171)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 20, 2013 5:44 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:Twins Kyle Gibson might be up for Friday, or someone else.

Deduno would be my guess..

I've been doing a little big of reading, and Friday would be Gibson's regular day in the rotation for AAA.
his most recent start he took a no hitter into the 8th, and his last 2 starts have been shutouts.

EDIT:
got a little concerned when I saw this.
Joe Schmit ‏@joe_schmit 15 May

Kyle Gibson suffered a setback health wise last night. Ron Antony says he is getting arm checked today.

but he got it wrong and corrected himself.
Joe Schmit ‏@joe_schmit 15 May

Correction... Tim Wood getting arm checked out in Rochester. My bad.!!! I will sit down and shut up.

just in case anyone else sees that information in searching.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 pm

bigh0rt wrote:In a H2H Points League where I get 10 starts for the week, I'm facing the 7 - 0 buzz saw team of the league this week, looking to give them their first blemish, and here's what I've got on the docket for this week, and my current plans...

Julio Teheran vsMIN, @NYM (Start/Start)
Cliff Lee @MIA (Start)
Matt Harvey vsCIN (Start)
Anibal Sanchez vsMIN (Start)
Francisco Liriano vsCHC (Start)
Marco Estrada vsPIT (Start)
Andrew Cashner @ARI (Start)
Jose Fernandez vsPHI (Start)
Matt Moore vsNYY (Start)

So, I happen to have 10 starts exactly lined up... Liriano is obviously the most questionable, but it's the Cubs. Cashner worries me given the venue, but he's really pitched excellent since moving to the rotation. Thinking about grabbing Bronson Arroyo vsCHC instead of one of them or Ricky Nolasco @CHW, or Hector Santiago vsMIA.

Those 3 all carry similar risk to Liriano, though, and without the real K potential. Ideally, though, I'm looking for QS/W combos, with Ks being next... Thoughts??

Jerome a safer bet for a W/QS tomorrow than Liriano????
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Ender » Mon May 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Jerome a safer bet for a W/QS tomorrow than Liriano???

I would say so.

Gallardo looked better again today, hit 93 on the gun a few times which is about what he normally tops out at the past year+ now. Location was a bit better but not perfect and was getting more swinging strikes. He is still struggling a little bit in 1-2 counts and letting it get to 3-2 before finishing guys off so the location isn't perfect. The 2 HR given obviously stinks but overall he was groundball heavy. Still an easy buy low though the window is closing. Brewers have a really easy schedule for the next 5 weeks or so too.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby rjforlife » Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 pm

rjforlife wrote: People, do NOT start Corbin at Colorado, it is going to be ugly.

I have never been so happy to be wrong. Way to go Corbin!
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 21, 2013 1:15 am

rjforlife wrote: People, do NOT start Corbin at Colorado, it is going to be ugly.

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby rjforlife » Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 am

I forgot to mention I dealt Iwakuma for Hamels and got my mojo back, thus enabling Corbin to make this awesome start. I won't withhold crucial information like this next time.

Also, I hope no one actually benched Corbin. The way he is going, no way I'm benching him anytime soon.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers