Profar getting the call! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Profar getting the call!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Profar getting the call!

Postby jackie hayes » Sun May 19, 2013 7:47 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:He actually has MI eligibility in Yahoo. My Yahoo leagues have 2B, SS, and MI spots so I'll be able to make use of him.

I do fear another Tony Cingrani situation. Between 2B, SS, 3B, and DH, the Rangers really don't have any place for him with everyone healthy (if 3B would even be an option). He's looking like he'll be sent right back down when Kinsler comes back if nobody gets hurt in the interim.

Any chance Kinsler could move to 1B and send Moreland to a utility role?

With Moreland and Berkman both hitting, I don't see how.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rotoquest » Sun May 19, 2013 8:01 pm

jackie hayes wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:He actually has MI eligibility in Yahoo. My Yahoo leagues have 2B, SS, and MI spots so I'll be able to make use of him.

I do fear another Tony Cingrani situation. Between 2B, SS, 3B, and DH, the Rangers really don't have any place for him with everyone healthy (if 3B would even be an option). He's looking like he'll be sent right back down when Kinsler comes back if nobody gets hurt in the interim.

Any chance Kinsler could move to 1B and send Moreland to a utility role?

With Moreland and Berkman both hitting, I don't see how.

Can Moreland/profar/kinsler play outfield for murphy? That would open a slot depending on how well profar hits.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)

Postby wrveres » Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm

"He went in the cage, he swung, he actually didn't feel comfortable and he doesn't want it to get worse," manager Ron Washington said. "Along with him, we decided to put him on the DL. We'll give him some time to make sure it's right."

Washington and general manager Jon Daniels suggested Kinsler's injury is not serious enough to keep him out past 15 days, but the Rangers acted out of caution.

"It's probably going to be at least a week or so," Daniels said. "One, you don't want to play short and two, you don't want him to push it to come back before he's ready and make it something bigger than it is."

"Obviously, I feel bad for what happened to Kinsler, but he's going to be back soon. I see it as an opportunity for me to play here," Profar said.

Washington said Profar will get a decent amount of playing time while Kinsler is out, including a start Monday against Oakland. Leury Garcia, 22, has been filling in for Kinsler thus far.

"I'm not going to stop playing Garcia either because it's his opportunity to play a little bit," Washington said. "I'll try to keep him in the groove there while he has a chance, but [Profar] will play."
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 pm

OMG it's Jurickson Profar!

..might want to ease back on the hype.

Rangers manager Ron Washington said Jurickson Profar will split playing time with Leury Garcia at second base while Ian Kinsler is on the disabled list.
"Leury's going to get some time there," Washington said. "So when you see Profar sitting, don't be surprised." It's obviously not what fantasy owners that picked up Profar want to hear. He should still see most of the starts at second, but Washington wants to keep Garcia sharp.

split time?!
Kinsler on the DL with 2B open, and thee top prospect can't even get regular AB.

unless he is absolutely on fire, the kid is going back down once Kinsler returns.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 91)

Postby HighHeater » Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 pm

The way Texas has handled Profar can be questioned imo... you don't split time on the number one prospect in baseball on a call-up, what the hell is Washington doing?
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Either he hits HR tonight or I'm dropping him.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 pm

I think this was predictable.
I don't own Profar in any league, he was already owned. but I was reading on the twitter yesterday that Profar might not get regular playing time, and some fantasy baseball twitter accounts were mentioning Mike Olt from last season as an example.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby rotoquest » Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I think this was predictable.
I don't own Profar in any league, he was already owned. but I was reading on the twitter yesterday that Profar might not get regular playing time, and some fantasy baseball twitter accounts were mentioning Mike Olt from last season as an example.

Bad example. Olt came up and stunk...that's why his playing time got cut. It's up to this kid to hit, play good D and make a case for himself. He'll get time if he can prove he deserves it.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 20, 2013 8:13 pm

I don't know from experience last year, I didn't own Olt either. but prior to being called up last year for the 1st time Olt was producing in the minors.
Profar has impressive talent, but he didn't produce much either last year with Texas.

this is the type of thing I don't like. a top prospect playing every day in the minors and producing, then they come up to the majors, and don't play every day. I think this actually hurts the prospect more, because they get out of rhythm.
I think it's better that if you're going to call up a top prospect, that he comes up and is given at least regular playing time. if not, then don't even bother calling them up.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers