Is Bobby Crosby Going To Be Batting 7th Regularly? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Bobby Crosby Going To Be Batting 7th Regularly?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Bobby Crosby Going To Be Batting 7th Regularly?

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:07 pm

I have him on my bench, assuming he'd be batting either 1st, 2nd, or 5th. Now that he's batting 7th, I'm not sure if I should keep him or dump him for Craig Wilson, who seems to have higher upside and could give me a great backup C, 1B, and OF

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tlef316 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:09 pm

if it is a keeper league, crosby has much more upside than wilson. if not, its a bit closer. i think crosby will move up in the lineup as the year goes on. most managers arent going to put a rookie at the top of the lineup so early.(See Reyes last year)
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:12 pm

Really? You think Crosby has more upside for this season? I was looking over Wilson's surprisingly good stats over the years, and he seems like he has a good chance at 30 jacks if he plays everyday, plus he's C eligible. I'm not sure what Crosby's upside for this year is though, so I figured I made the safer move dumping him for Wilson. It'd be a hard pill to swallow for me if another team got a 30 HR C off the FA list.

Postby tlef316 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:14 pm

i dont think crosby has higher upside for this season. like i said, if it's not a keeper league and you have a solid SS ahead of crosby, its an ok move. im not a wilson fan, but realistically, he is more proven and will probably put up better stats this season
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:17 pm

Thanks for responding by the way.

Howcome you are not a Wilson fan? Is there something about him I should know? His stats are surprisingly potent for a guy with C eligibility. He gets like 15 a year with 300 at-bats, plus his OPS has been in the mid 800s. I thought he looked pretty good statistically. Is it fluky?

Postby tlef316 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:21 pm

o, there is no doubt that he is a solid fantasy option, but i'd rather have a catcher that plays everyday and has a chance to accumulate more runs and RBI. Wilson is blocked by Kendall, who isnt going anywhere, so id rather take a chance with a full-time catcher who is guarenteed AB's.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:23 pm

It's hard to tell from one game. I only was able to stay awake for 2 of Crosby's AB and he looked pretty tenative at the plate. Whiffing on 3 pitches the first time up, two called strikes low and away and then swung at one and whiffed. Not very impressive.

Similarly, Wilson looked like a monster...in one game. I'd like to snag him too but my OF is stacked. In addition to plate prowess, he could also give Johnny Damon a run at the hat falling off category
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers