Help! Stuck in 4th place out of 5 teams! WHIR :) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help! Stuck in 4th place out of 5 teams! WHIR :)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help! Stuck in 4th place out of 5 teams! WHIR :)

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm

So I've been in 4th place out of 5 teams for quite a while and I'm trying to work my way up the standings, but I'm about 80-100 points out of 1st place on average, and the third place team I'm trying to hurdle lately is about 20 points ahead.

Here's my roster and info you might need:
5 Team Roto Yahoo League- 1/1 moves used, 0/5 trades used
0.5 points-R,1B,SB,K (pitching)
-0.5 points-K (batting)
1 point-2B,RBI,SLAM, Complete Game, Shutout
-1 point-E,HR (pitching)
2 points-3B, Saves
3 points-HR (batting), W,NH
4 points-CYCLE
C-Santana(1B)
1B-Votto
2B-Kipnis
3B-Longoria
SS-A. Cabrera
OF-Bautista, Braun, Kemp, Bruce
Utility-Machado(3B), Wright(3B)
Bench-Hosmer(1B), McCann(C), Gardner(OF), Swisher(1B,OF), Zobrist(2B,SS,OF), Bourn(OF), Myers(OF)
SP-Harvey, Zimmerman, Wainwright, Lester, Hamels
RP-Medlen(SP), Romo, Axford
Bench-Morrow, Weaver, Vogelsong

First off, RP I know needs help (still no saves recorded for me yet) I tanked without noticing in the draft, used my single move for the season on dropping Motte to pick up Romo.

I have a trade offer with the second place team of Santana for Kinsler, what do you think of that? I'm thinking I want to make that trade very soon lol
Also looking to move Wright, Zobrist, Bourn and Gardner

What/who would you suggest I look into to improve my team? Leave your links and I'll try to help, thanks! :)
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help! Stuck in 4th place out of 5 teams! WHIR :)

Postby ryan.2429 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:07 pm

The team looks like it should be doing better. Wright should bring you a great player in return maybe another of. The Kinsler trade wouldnt be bad it only looks like he is out a couple of weeks and would be a nice upgrade over Kipins. Looks like Bruce is starting to get hot which should last a couple weeks he might not be a bad player to move after that if his strike outs are hurting with the points.
ryan.2429
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm looking into something where I might be able to get Posey, Granderson and Kershaw and I'd be giving up Wright, Swisher/Bruce and Lester... I'd only want Posey if I trade Santana for Kinsler (this way I can have a reliable catcher if McCann craps out)... Is Granderson a good buy low player or should I not bother? Also he has Bryce Harper who I would want to swap out for Posey if I don't trade Santana.

Would it be worth my while to try to go for this deal? Or should I try to get one of his two RPs (Soriano and Papelbon) instead?

Thanks for the help! :-D
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eatyun » Tue May 21, 2013 4:05 pm

HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:I'm looking into something where I might be able to get Posey, Granderson and Kershaw and I'd be giving up Wright, Swisher/Bruce and Lester... I'd only want Posey if I trade Santana for Kinsler (this way I can have a reliable catcher if McCann craps out)... Is Granderson a good buy low player or should I not bother? Also he has Bryce Harper who I would want to swap out for Posey if I don't trade Santana.

Would it be worth my while to try to go for this deal? Or should I try to get one of his two RPs (Soriano and Papelbon) instead?

hey thanks for the help on mine ;-D i wouldnt do the kinsler trade with him being injured. whats gonna help you more down the road? his 2 relivers or the batters? if this is a 5 team league there must be some great stuff on the wire though?
eatyun
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 519)

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:26 pm

eatyun wrote:
HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:I'm looking into something where I might be able to get Posey, Granderson and Kershaw and I'd be giving up Wright, Swisher/Bruce and Lester... I'd only want Posey if I trade Santana for Kinsler (this way I can have a reliable catcher if McCann craps out)... Is Granderson a good buy low player or should I not bother? Also he has Bryce Harper who I would want to swap out for Posey if I don't trade Santana.

hey thanks for the help on mine ;-D i wouldnt do the kinsler trade with him being injured. whats gonna help you more down the road? his 2 relivers or the batters? if this is a 5 team league there must be some great stuff on the wire though?

We only have one move for the season and I picked up Romo, if I had more all my RP problems would be solved! ;-D but thanks!

Would I be better off with a big name 2B, a good RP or another big name OF?
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eatyun » Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 pm

HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:
eatyun wrote:

We only have one move for the season and I picked up Romo, if I had more all my RP problems would be solved! ;-D but thanks!

kipnis is heating up i think hes fine what would you have to give up to get those relievers?
eatyun
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:41 pm

eatyun wrote:
HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:
eatyun wrote:

kipnis is heating up i think hes fine what would you have to give up to get those relievers?

I think I might be able to work out Kimbrel for Santana, or Santana and someone for Kinsler and Kimbrel... Which one of those two should I go for?
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eatyun » Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 pm

HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:
eatyun wrote:
HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:

I think I might be able to work out Kimbrel for Santana, or Santana and someone for Kinsler and Kimbrel... Which one of those two should I go for?

will kimbrels saves move you out of 4th? how many closers do other teams have compared to yours? will one make a difference? is yes i prob do it... (thought im not comfortable with the the thought of mcann being your main catcher)
eatyun
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:05 pm

eatyun wrote:
HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:
eatyun wrote:kipnis is heating up i think hes fine what would you have to give up to get those relievers?

will kimbrels saves move you out of 4th? how many closers do other teams have compared to yours? will one make a difference? is yes i prob do it... (thought im not comfortable with the the thought of mcann being your main catcher)

I'm talking with the manager and Kimbrel is out, he'd want a reliever in return but he doesn't like Romo and he's the only good RP I have unfortunately lol

Everyone has 2 or 3 RPs out of the 3 RP positions on our roster... I messed up if you haven't noticed hahaha

The manager said he'd be open to trading trout, but at a steep price obviously.... So I'm thinking Santana and someone from my roster for Trout and Kinsler, who do you think I could reasonably offer?
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team