Baseball Information ClearingHouse. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Information ClearingHouse.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Baseball Information ClearingHouse.

Postby riverrat » Thu May 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Nothing more valuable than timely information. How many times have you watched a game on TV or listened on the radio and picked-up a piece of info?
For instance...The White Sox and Twins played a matinee game on free TV, WGN, on Wednesday and while watching the game the announcers mentioned that Dunn had been working with the hitting coach and was now holding his bat more erect.(place joke here) What did Dunn do? Hit 2 homers that game, 1 the previous game and had Hicks steal another from him.
Did you see this nugget of info anywhere? Not anywhere on Yahoo notes, or the AP recap on Yahoo. Not on RotoTimes or RotoWorld. Not in the Chicago Tribune. The Chi Sun-Times had one sentence quoting Dunn as saying he had been working "on things".
Another example is that Dylan Axelrod threw a pitch and his calf cramped. He was able to continue but was yanked soon after. OK, its Axelrod but what if it was King Felix? Make his next start? On-going injury? Again nothing noted anywhere about it.
So, I dont have time to read every newspaper or any of the multiple blogs that are out there for each team.
But what if we had multiple fans of each team listening/watching the games and reporting any tidbit of info they hear? From nagging injuries to pitch velocity or whatever.
Each 'reporter' sends in to the clearinghouse whatever he considers important and then I would send an email with all reports to everyone...at least once a day.
I live in the Chicago area. I can pick-up on radio, on a clear night, games from Det, Phil, Cinn, Milw, Cleve, StL and sometimes even the Yankees.
If interested and sounds like a good idea send an email and we can talk about it.
R'Rat
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Baseball Information ClearingHouse.

Postby wrveres » Thu May 16, 2013 3:50 pm

would your opinion of Dunn changed before hand if you knew he was holding his bat differently? I doubt it.
This seems like a ton of work, for very little results
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Re: Baseball Information ClearingHouse.

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 pm

wrveres wrote:would your opinion of Dunn changed before hand if you knew he was holding his bat differently? I doubt it.
This seems like a ton of work, for very little results

I think this much information would be too much, and people would start overreacting to things and conflicting data would only confuse people. I think it might be fun, but it simply won't be as productive as the amount of work and reading it would take.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Return to Baseball Leftovers