Trade Hamilton for Stanton? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Hamilton for Stanton?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Hamilton for Stanton?

Postby KaPluie » Wed May 08, 2013 12:59 am

Hamilton has been ... terrible. Should I swap him for Stanton, even though Giancarlo has had a tough start, and is on the DL?
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Hamilton for Stanton?

Postby rjforlife » Wed May 08, 2013 1:14 am

Odd question, usually I have an immediate opinion on trades but this one is actually tricky because Hamilton has been so bad. I'd say take the gamble and go for Stanton. He may miss another couple of weeks but he should far surpass Hamilton once he returns. Could you squeeze a little more out of the trade? You are giving up a healthy guy for a DLed one.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Re: Trade Hamilton for Stanton?

Postby aerrico » Wed May 08, 2013 2:08 am

I say yes for sure. I preferred Stanton to Hamilton preseason and even though he may miss the next month or so, I think he ends up with better numbers than Hamilton at the end of the year. Hamilton's age, strikeout rate, and move to Anaheim are all reasons he won't return to his elite numbers of 2010 and 2012, so even if he does turn it around I'm not expecting him to have the power he used to. Also, remember that Hamilton is a huge injury risk as well so it's not as if he may not hit the DL this year at some point either. At this point, I would definitely do this deal.

That being said, there may be some safer, healthy guys that you can trade Hamilton for rather than Stanton. Stanton certainly has higher upside than anyone else that you would trade for, but there may be some other slow-starting second-third round type guys that you can swap Hamilton for. Without seeing your team, knowing your league size / categories, etc it's hard to say, but swapping Hamilton for a guy like David Price or Matt Cain would be a good trade also if you are hurting in the pitching categories.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=460201
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions