Brett Lawrie trade value? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Brett Lawrie trade value?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brett Lawrie trade value?

Postby SFGxNinerGang » Tue May 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Another manager wants my Lawrie who's expendable on my team. He offered Lohse straight up. Is this fair, or too little? I was thinking of countering with Lawrie and Kendrick for Lohse and Balfour, or Lawrie + Ogando for Lance Lynn. Any advice?

My pitching

SP Kris Medlen
SP Shelby Miller
RP Jim Henderson
RP Ernesto Frieri
P Ian Kennedy
P Hyun-Jin Ryu
P Alexi Ogando
BN Kyle Kendrick
BN Zack Greinke
DL Jered Weaver
SFGxNinerGang
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brett Lawrie trade value?

Postby Ellsberries » Tue May 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Lance Lynn is definitely a more solid pitcher than Lohse. However, both Lohse and Lawrie are doing pretty poorly. Your pitching is struggling, so it would be more beneficial to take a risk on Lohse than on Lawrie. I think I would try to hold on to Ogando and any pitchers you have that are doing decent.

Good Luck
Ellsberries
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SFGxNinerGang » Wed May 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks for the very insightful advice. I actually got this trade from him. It looks good to me but would like some opinions

MY Brett Lawrie and Hyun-Jin Ryu
For
HIS Lance Lynn and Jose Fernandez
SFGxNinerGang
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dannahann » Wed May 08, 2013 3:39 pm

You need pitching but I think you are seriously under valuing Lawrie here. I looked at a couple sources listing recent top 300 overall rankings and they backed what I suspected. Matthew Pouliot (rotoworld) is highly respected in the industry and posted a top 300 for the remainder of the season rankings on May 6th. He has Lawrie ranked 90th overall. The 3 SP ranked just above him were Sale #87, Medlen #86, and Samardzija #84. The 3 SP Pouliot ranked just below Lawrie were Dickey #91, Buchholz #95, and Kuroda #102. Pouliot had the P you mentioned Ryu #116, Lynn #131, Balfour #157, Ogando #188, Lohse #225, and Fernandez #297. Fantasy Pros lists composite ranks of several sources but only three experts posted updated top overall rest of season rankings recently and these guys aren't familiar to me (Tim McCullough Roto Experts 6 May and Wayne Bretsky 'seriously?' of Bretzkyball on 1 May and Alex Roberts of Roto Ballers 29 April). I'd probably take their ranking less seriously myself, but their averaged rankings had Lawrie as #71 overall. The 3 SP just above him were Harvey #69, Scherzer #66, and J-Zimm# 62, the 3 SP just below Lawrie are Sale #73, Samardzija #79, and Cueto #82. They list Lynn as #173 overall, Balfour #186, Ryu #237, Lohse # 246, Ogando #255, and Fernadez is unranked (of 304).
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions