Hoarding too much Middle Infield, need help with my bench WH - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Hoarding too much Middle Infield, need help with my bench WH

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hoarding too much Middle Infield, need help with my bench WH

Postby RedTiger » Tue May 07, 2013 6:24 pm

10 team, 6x6 roto (OPS, Holds)
keeper league with dollar amounts-largely irrelevant for this

14 hitters/9 pitchers/5 bench/1 DL
I've got middle infield depth, and no one is budging on any trades. One guy has B. Crawford and R. Tejada at SS and MI. I need some advice on who is expendable and who I should push in a trade

C Pierzynski
C M. Montero
1B Rizzo
2B Altuve
SS Segura
3B M. Cabrera
CI Goldschmidt
MI Kendrick
OF Braun
OF Bruce
OF Craig
OF Marte
OF Gomez
U Hosmer
BN Rutledge
BN E. Cabrera
BN M. Carpenter
BN Heyward
DL Stanton
RedTiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hoarding too much Middle Infield, need help with my benc

Postby aerrico » Tue May 07, 2013 6:42 pm

This is a REALLY solid offensive team. As far as your hoarding of middle infielders, I really like Segura, Rutledge, and Cabrera as cheaper middle infielders who can produce very solid numbers (for MI). I would personally trade Altuve out of this group because I feel he would get the most back in a trade. The fact that you're getting Heyward and Stanton back in the near future means that you can probably trade one of your outfielders combined with Altuve and go after an elite bat (either at MI or 1B which is your next weakest position). I am not sure what your pitching looks like with an offense like this, but a trade that sent Rizzo, Altuve, and an outfielder to a team for an elite starter and an elite 1B / MI (Cano,Tulo) could be the type of blockbuster that could solidify your team at every single position. It may be hard to pull off, but it would certainly be something I would try to do.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=460201
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby RedTiger » Tue May 07, 2013 7:00 pm

I guess I should add keeper values. We keep 8 players. 5 are at a 10% increase and 3 are doubled.
My pitchers are all relievers and its working so far, I have the most pitching points.
$270 budget
C Pierzynski 8
C M. Montero 10
1B Rizzo 2 (Definite Keeper)
2B Altuve 4
SS Segura 2
3B M. Cabrera 46
CI Goldschmidt 4 (Definite Keeper)
MI Kendrick 3
OF Braun 48
OF Bruce 18
OF Craig 5 (Definite Keeper)
OF Marte 3
OF Gomez 11
U Hosmer 8
BN Rutledge 7
BN E. Cabrera 2
BN M. Carpenter 3
BN Heyward 10 (Definite keeper, provided he actually hits)
DL Stanton 22 (Definite keeper, provided he actually hits and hopefully he gets traded by next year)

so an Altuve+Rizzo trade could help my team this year but hurt it next year. On the other hand, I can get a lot of value if I did trade them.
RedTiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby aerrico » Tue May 07, 2013 7:12 pm

This makes much more sense in terms of how you were able to compile such an elite offensive team. Definitely understandable that you want to play for the future, but I think given Stanton's status and Heyward's status, you still have to try to play to win this year. If you are only keeping 8 players, there are so many guys that you can keep for good value on this team and I personally would not worry about trading away Rizzo (even though he has great keeper value, you will get that returned in a trade). I think in keeper leagues, sometimes people worry too much about the future and don't focus on winning their leagues right now. Your team is an elite, championship caliber team. If you can make a trade that can go for the rest of the teams' throats and put you in a near-guaranteed position to win this year, I'd pull the trigger.
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby RedTiger » Tue May 07, 2013 7:23 pm

I agree with playing for now. The present is definitely underrated in keeper leagues. Maybe I'm being stubborn and trying to win now and later. I am a few points behind first place. I'm sitting around 92-95 out of 120 points. With Pierzynski possibly needing DL time and Pestano on the DL, I may need to act now. My pitchers are Kimbrel, Papelbon, Putz, Street, Wilhelmsen, Frieri, Henderson, Pestano, Gregerson. I am spending a bench spot on Alex Cobb $1 even though I wont ever use him this year. I might need to change that, but with my strategy, I can temporarily go with 8 pitchers since I am confident I can win HLD and SV at the end of the year.

At this point, if I dont make any moves, I'll be dropping Hosmer for a temporary catcher and rolling with 8 pitchers until Pestano is back. My utility will have to be a middle infielder until Heyward is back in a week or two. Maybe its time to drop Cobb. If I dont need a catcher, I'll either roll with Hosmer next week (if he does well) or I'll pick up another utility bat
RedTiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RedTiger » Tue May 07, 2013 10:55 pm

What does everyone think? If I need to drop someone and can't trade someone, do I drop Hosmer, Cobb, or one of the middle infielders?
RedTiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MadDog36 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:13 am

I would drop Kendrick and just run a platoon of Rutledge and Cabrera at MI solid enough if you ask me.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2092)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions