What will Gattis be like this week? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What will Gattis be like this week?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What will Gattis be like this week?

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon May 06, 2013 9:06 am

I tried the Start/Bench page and was 0 fer 12 in getting a reply and need one soon for my weekly lineup.

Who thinks Gattis will play most of the games this week? I want to play him over Jesus Montero badly. But not if he will play three games.

Thoughts?
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: What will Gattis be like this week?

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 06, 2013 9:32 am

It's really anybody's guess at this point. I think the Braves will do whatever possible to get Gattis' bat in the lineup. You may see him catch 2 games, play a game at 1B and/or OF. Unfortunately this is the blind week for fantasy owners where we're going to see what is in store. Anybody claiming anything more is really just speculating. I'd probably start him over Jesus, because he can probably give you more in 3 games than Montero can in an entire week.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 am

bigh0rt wrote:It's really anybody's guess at this point. I think the Braves will do whatever possible to get Gattis' bat in the lineup. You may see him catch 2 games, play a game at 1B and/or OF. Unfortunately this is the blind week for fantasy owners where we're going to see what is in store. Anybody claiming anything more is really just speculating. I'd probably start him over Jesus, because he can probably give you more in 3 games than Montero can in an entire week.

Thanks big...I'm going to play this week with Gattitude!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Ender » Mon May 06, 2013 10:54 am

I personally think he is droppable in almost any format but I'm sure it will take owners who got his hot streak a couple weeks to pull the trigger on it.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 am

Ender wrote:I personally think he is droppable in almost any format but I'm sure it will take owners who got his hot streak a couple weeks to pull the trigger on it.

Last week he bat .350 with a HR, 2 R, and 4 RBI. You could do a lot worse at Catcher in most formats. I wouldn't be starting him against any finesse pitchers, as the guy swings like the dickens, and I see his value decreasing substantially as the season progresses, but I don't see a ton of WW C who offer much to compel people to just outright drop the guy. Even over the last two weeks he's probably been a Top 12 Catcher, batting .279 with 2 HR, 6 RBI, and 4 R. I'd be trying to include him as a throw in type player to get trades done, but I can't imagine just dropping him, unless there's somebody who screams to be picked up.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Ender » Mon May 06, 2013 11:15 am

Well first off I don't believe in him as a legit breakout player, he is just a guy on a hot streak so that is part of it.

Secondly it is just hard for me to value a guy who will play at best 50% of the time. I mean in a daily league with a bench and 2 C yeah I could see keeping him, in most formats he isn't worth it imo. He certainly doesn't project as a starting C in a 1 C league even in a 16 team league imo. You have to be a 2 C league and you either need to be 14+ teams or have daily rosters and an ok sized bench for me to want him.
Last edited by Ender on Mon May 06, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 am

Any chance he sees some starts in RF?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby J35J » Mon May 06, 2013 11:25 am

I actually dropped him a couple days ago with McCann getting ready to come off the DL...
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon May 06, 2013 11:51 am

I just don't want Montero active and do have Gattis...and hoping to milk one more week.
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 am

Y`s Guy wrote:I just don't want Montero active and do have Gattis...and hoping to milk one more week.

I would think one more week would be fine, McCann is highly unlikely to catch back to back games for a couple of weeks and they have a 7 game schedule this week. Next week might be rough with only 6 games but the week after that they have 2 road games in the AL so the DH is in play.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers