Getting hammered in my league..need to make a big trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Getting hammered in my league..need to make a big trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Getting hammered in my league..need to make a big trade

Postby Yabbydoo » Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Hey guys Im in a 12 team league for my 2nd year and my sp is getting absolutely hammered...there pitchers who I consider having an offbeat 1 or 2 start but no its every start...its come to the point where I feel I need to trade stephen strasburg....should I trade him or still hold on to him? his recent starts have been killing me and if I were to trade him I would want to do it for when he still has value....My sps are james shields (decent), brandon mccarthy *(getting smacked) , Ian kennedy (getting smacked), shelby miller (decent), justin masterson (on/off), marco estrada (homeruns are killing me -__- category for pitching in my league), dan straily (getting dropped for someone and probably dropped again for when brett anderson comes back from dl) brett anderson (smacked), jonathan pettibone (like him def not starting against giants hitting though), julio teheran (on and off) ,.....my pitching categories are ip, h, er, hr, bb, k, qs, cg, w, sv, baa, era, whip, k/9....my questions are...

1.) should I hold on to strasburg or trade him now?
2.) what is his value? (I want at least two decent starters for him)
3.) is anyone on this list of sps even have trade value?
4.) any suggestions for trade candidates?

Thank you for taking time to read =D
Yabbydoo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Getting hammered in my league..need to make a big trade

Postby garretterik » Mon May 06, 2013 12:17 am

1. I would hold on to Strasburg as a Dickey and Halladay owner I would gladly take your Strasburg woes over what I am dealing with.
2. I just saw someone on this forum trade Strasburg for Sale. (However the numbers have the two guys about equal for the year)
3. Unfortunately most of your SP's are on the ww in my 10 team league. I think you might be able to get something for Shields or Masterson. Maybe you could package Shields and a hitter for a SP upgrade?
4. I think you could target a Burnett, Minor, or Peavy level guy.

Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=460074
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Getting hammered in my league..need to make a big trade

Postby Yabbydoo » Tue May 07, 2013 2:11 pm

thanks for the trade suggestion man but yeah im gonna hold onto strasburg right now see what happens....I don't know who to trade anymore..I dropped strailey for jason hammel and im trying to see what I can flip my masterson for because I want to keep james shields...thanks for the suggestion man :-)
Yabbydoo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions