Who are you giving up on? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who are you giving up on?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who are you giving up on?

Postby JMR162; » Tue May 07, 2013 7:26 am

AussieDodger wrote:
JMR162; wrote:I'm a huge cubs fan and guy is giving up on garza. Wants one of my closers for him. I'm tryin not to be a homer but is garza washed up?

How is Garza washed up?
The Cubs are being VERY careful with him, that's a good thing.

Well that's exactly how I feel. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. Thank you Aussie dodger
JMR162;
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who are you giving up on?

Postby J35J » Tue May 07, 2013 8:40 am

footballisbetter.com wrote:J35J, as the resident KC fan what do you think about dropping Hosmer in a 12 team mixer?

Should have probably been dropped a week or two ago. He's just not that good. Might be able to turn it around some point, ala Gordon, but I'd be pretty shocked if it was this year.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby kab21 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:45 am

JMR162; wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
How is Garza washed up?
The Cubs are being VERY careful with him, that's a good thing.

Well that's exactly how I feel. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. Thank you Aussie dodger

Although I'm skeptical of Garza but he could be just as effective as before. The big positive is that it isn't an arm injury that he's dealing with. I have also had him pegged as a breakout for what seems like forever. I just can't quit Garza...
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby converge241 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:19 pm

J35J wrote:
footballisbetter.com wrote:J35J, as the resident KC fan what do you think about dropping Hosmer in a 12 team mixer?

Should have probably been dropped a week or two ago. He's just not that good. Might be able to turn it around some point, ala Gordon, but I'd be pretty shocked if it was this year.

In a mixed redraft that size, hes okay to bounce between waiver and owned

Still worth holdng in keeper/dynasty, just traded kevin gregg for him in a keep format (more saves will come along)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue May 07, 2013 2:34 pm

kab21 wrote: I just can't quit Garza...

You know he hasn't pitched for the Twins for 7 years, right? It's OK to let go.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby The History Junkie » Tue May 07, 2013 3:47 pm

I haven't given up on anyone yet. April weather was just awful.

Guys I am concerned about are:

Brandon Morrow - Seems to be turning around a bit, but still makes me nervous.

Ian Kennedy - Starting to wish I would have sold high on him. Still think he will be a solid starter.

Norichika Aoki - He seems to be turning it around. I think April's weather effected him. I've been platooning him with Michael Brantley and that seems to be working for me right now. I think he will be fine.

I haven't given up on anyone, but I did sell Matt Kemp at maximum value with a straight up trade for Buster Posey.
The History Junkie
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Colt452011 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:58 pm

I got rid of Melky when Arenado got called up and got Arenado and Markakis for Melky. I'm not ready to dump anyone else just yet but I'm starting to have concerns with Weeks, LaRoche, Bautista and Gallardo. Player I have that are just annoying me right now are Agon, Hamels, Strasburg and Samardzija.
Colt452011 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun May 12, 2013 12:45 am

Jon Niese, in even the deepest of leagues. :-P
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby OBPlover » Sun May 12, 2013 3:30 am

Colt452011 wrote:I got rid of Melky when Arenado got called up and got Arenado and Markakis for Melky. I'm not ready to dump anyone else just yet but I'm starting to have concerns with Weeks, LaRoche, Bautista and Gallardo. Player I have that are just annoying me right now are Agon, Hamels, Strasburg and Samardzija.

Bautista? Jose Bautista?

He's been hot recently, raised his batting average into the .230's and he does have 7 HRs despite missing a week due to an ankle injury.

Agon's pretty good, just nagging injuries. I'd be worried about Stras too though.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 135)

Postby Colt452011 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:32 am

OBPlover wrote:
Colt452011 wrote:I got rid of Melky when Arenado got called up and got Arenado and Markakis for Melky. I'm not ready to dump anyone else just yet but I'm starting to have concerns with Weeks, LaRoche, Bautista and Gallardo. Player I have that are just annoying me right now are Agon, Hamels, Strasburg and Samardzija.

Bautista? Jose Bautista?

He's been hot recently, raised his batting average into the .230's and he does have 7 HRs despite missing a week due to an ankle injury.

Agon's pretty good, just nagging injuries. I'd be worried about Stras too though.

My team is just a team that isn't consistent and I drop further and further down the standings. Yes I know it's early. Bautista is just someone I'm expecting more from in RBI. His HR count is good so far but the RBI aren't really his fault since the team doesn't get on base. I'm not terribly worried about Strasburg as long as the Nats can stop their errors and also score some runs. Same with the Cubs but then again it is the Cubs lol. I knew the Phillies would be the way they are but Hamels hasn't been striking out as much as he should be and is walking a lot of batters.
Colt452011 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers