Who are you giving up on? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who are you giving up on?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who are you giving up on?

Postby dannahann » Tue May 14, 2013 6:36 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
dannahann wrote:Perez will be an easy upgrade over Buck. Surprised he would be available.

Actually went with Gattis instead. Now that he is also playing OF, playing time should be at least a wash with other catchers. I'll monitor Perez closely though.

Perez catches almost everyday. KC 'benefited' from a couple extra off days due to rain/snow this spring but Sal Perez has played in 33 of 35 to date. Hard to believe Gattis will get anything close to that ratio of GP/TGP once ATL is healthy.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue May 14, 2013 7:14 pm

dannahann wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:
dannahann wrote:Perez will be an easy upgrade over Buck. Surprised he would be available.

Actually went with Gattis instead. Now that he is also playing OF, playing time should be at least a wash with other catchers. I'll monitor Perez closely though.

Perez catches almost everyday. KC 'benefited' from a couple extra off days due to rain/snow this spring but Sal Perez has played in 33 of 35 to date. Hard to believe Gattis will get anything close to that ratio of GP/TGP once ATL is healthy.

How close is Gattis/Perez all things considered? I really do need the average more than the power, but Sal seems more like an empty average kind of guy.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby tdogg7722 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Over two teams I've already dropped Middlebrooks and Uggla.

I knew what I was getting into w/ Uggla but the rest of my team is struggling at the plate and I couldn't afford to take his BA hit anymore (already well in last place).

On the chopping block- Miguel Montero, Ian Kennedy (in both leagues), John Buck.

Currently riding the bench- Tim Hudson, B.J. Upton

Matt Cain was on my bench list but I've taken him off probation.
Taking steroids is like pretending to be retarded in the Special Olympics-- South Park
tdogg7722
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dannahann » Tue May 14, 2013 7:35 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
dannahann wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:

How close is Gattis/Perez all things considered? I really do need the average more than the power, but Sal seems more like an empty average kind of guy.

That should correct itself a bit once the guys around him start hitting too. Sal usually slots in the mix around #6 in the lineup a couple slots after Butler and usually between Hosmer and Moustakas. Contrast that with ATL handing Gattis an RBI slot due to injuries to Freeman, McCann, and Heyward. Perez wil stay in an RBI slot, tough to see Gattis in the lineup more than 4 or 5G/week much less in a prime lineup slot. I just took a look at Fantasy Pros rest of season catcher rankings rather than rely on my own take. I filtered out any of the experts who ranked before 1 May to get a more current assessment. The 10 remaining experts slot Sal Perez as Catcher #9 and Evan Gattis as Catcher #22. So yup they see a big difference too.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 65)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue May 14, 2013 7:43 pm

dannahann wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:
dannahann wrote:Perez catches almost everyday. KC 'benefited' from a couple extra off days due to rain/snow this spring but Sal Perez has played in 33 of 35 to date. Hard to believe Gattis will get anything close to that ratio of GP/TGP once ATL is healthy.

That should correct itself a bit once the guys around him start hitting too. Sal usually slots in the mix around #6 in the lineup a couple slots after Butler and usually between Hosmer and Moustakas. Contrast that with ATL handing Gattis an RBI slot due to injuries to Freeman, McCann, and Heyward. Perez wil stay in an RBI slot, tough to see Gattis in the lineup more than 4 or 5G/week much less in a prime lineup slot. I just took a look at Fantasy Pros rest of season catcher rankings rather than rely on my own take. I filtered out any of the experts who ranked before 1 May to get a more current assessment. The 10 remaining experts slot Sal Perez as Catcher #9 and Evan Gattis as Catcher #22. So yup they see a big difference too.

Insight much appreciated. I'll probably make the switch.

Edit: Done and done. Now Gattis is sure to hit 2 HRs tonight.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Ursa » Tue May 14, 2013 11:24 pm

BravesGuy wrote:Paul Konerko, getting real close to letting him go.

I picked up Mitch Moreland to take over at 1B. Paid off nicely so far this week. Konerko is on the cusp of being shown the door but I have real trouble pulling the trigger on someone with his record.

Jonathan Lucroy is another on the edge of getting the boot. I just brought in Russell Martin to catch while I ponder Lucroy's fate.

It's a 16 team league so it's not a no-brainer to let these folks go.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Ursa wrote:
BravesGuy wrote:Paul Konerko, getting real close to letting him go.

I picked up Mitch Moreland to take over at 1B. Paid off nicely so far this week. Konerko is on the cusp of being shown the door but I have real trouble pulling the trigger on someone with his record.

Jonathan Lucroy is another on the edge of getting the boot. I just brought in Russell Martin to catch while I ponder Lucroy's fate.

It's a 16 team league so it's not a no-brainer to let these folks go.

Definitely don't see how I could come close to dropping either of those guys in a 16 teamer. At the very least you could sell them low to someone else willing to take a shot.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Chicago 2 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:26 am

Very very close to letting go of Ethier. I saw he hit cleanup last night and that gives me a reason to hold on to him for a bit.

Also close to releasing Nava, mostly because he does not play everyday but he produces when he does.

Some solid guys out there as replacements...

Josh Rutledge
Mitch Moreland
Alfonso Soriano
Oswaldo Arcia
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Wed May 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Chicago 2 wrote:Very very close to letting go of Ethier. I saw he hit cleanup last night and that gives me a reason to hold on to him for a bit.

Also close to releasing Nava, mostly because he does not play everyday but he produces when he does.

Some solid guys out there as replacements...

Josh Rutledge
Mitch Moreland
Alfonso Soriano
Oswaldo Arcia
Alfonso Soriano hasnt been solid in a decade, but yeah, the bees have removed the pollen from Nava. time to look elsewhere.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:56 pm

wrveres wrote:Alfonso Soriano hasnt been solid in a decade

Maybe not in real baseball, but in fantasy he's been pretty good.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers