5/3-5/5 Cheering, Venting & Cinco De Mayo Weekend - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/3-5/5 Cheering, Venting & Cinco De Mayo Weekend

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is your favorite Tequila?

13%
Don Julio
7%
Cabo Wabo
7%
Jose Cuervo
27%
Other (Specify)
47%

Total votes : 15

5/3-5/5 Cheering, Venting & Cinco De Mayo Weekend

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 03, 2013 8:48 am

.: Around the MLB :.

ESPN - Clay Buttholes is throwing a Spitball?

.: Around the Cafe :.

(In my best Jim Ross voice) -- "OH MY GOD! Is that... is that Kevin Gregg's music?! What's he doing here?! No! No! NO dammit!" -- check out the most recent Bottom of the 9th where Kevin Gregg, and other closer news, is discussed.

It's not quite The Final Countdown, but it is the Cafe's first Top 50 Countdown of the 2013 season, published April 30th, hot off the presses, kinda, still.

Wouldn't ya know it, the Blue Jays have a FAIL Thread now. They've joined the esteemed ranks of the Mets and Padres, who I believe are the only two other MLB franchises who have been graced with such an honor here at the Cafe. Let's all join in and pile on. Brandon Morrow isn't just inconsistent, he sucks! Colby Rasmus looks like a Flock of Seagulls reject! Jose Reyes' hamstrings are made of Polly-O string cheese! I'm not saying Jose Bautista is a roid-head, but A-Rod has bigger testicles than he does. Don't blink, or you may miss JP Arencabia drop another one of RA Dickey's pitches!

What does the future have in store for Vernon Wells after $90 million comes off the Yankee DL? There's some discussion going on about it here, whether he will platoon, steal time, or be relegated to pinch hit duty with an occasional start. What do you think?

.: Today's Games :.

MIN: Hernandez (1-0, 2.35 ERA)
CLE: Masterson (4-2, 3.12 ERA)

CIN: Leake (1-1, 4.34 ERA)
CHC: Villanueva (1-1, 2.29 ERA)

OAK: Griffin (2-2, 4.65 ERA)
NYY: Sabathia (4-2, 3.35 ERA)

MIA: Nolasco (2-2, 3.82 ERA)
PHI: Pettibone (1-0, 4.35 ERA)

SEA: Hernandez (3-2, 1.90 ERA)
TOR: Romero (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

WSH: Detwiler (1-2, 2.03 ERA)
PIT: Burnett (2-2, 2.83 ERA)

BOS: Doubront (3-0, 4.24 ERA)
TEX: Holland (1-2, 3.38 ERA)

NYM: Marcum (0-2, 7.94 ERA)
ATL: Minor (3-2, 3.13 ERA)

CHW: Axelrod (0-1, 3.95 ERA)
KC: Guthrie (3-0, 3.06 ERA)

STL: Miller (3-2, 2.05 ERA)
MIL: Lohse (1-2, 2.53 ERA)

DET: Fister (4-0, 2.38 ERA)
HOU: Norris (3-3, 4.20 ERA)

TB: Moore (5-0, 1.13 ERA)
COL: Francis (1-2, 7.29 ERA)

BAL: Gonzalez (2-1, 4.60 ERA)
LAA: Vargas (0-3, 4.85 ERA)

ARI: Miley (2-0, 2.37 ERA)
SD: Marquis (2-2, 4.20 ERA)

LAD: Kershaw (3-2, 1.73 ERA)
SF: Zito (3-1, 3.29 ERA)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/3-5/5 Cheering, Venting & Cinco De Mayo Weekend

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 am

I need one spot start between today and Sunday, with the best chance at a QS/Win combo. Any glaring names stick out? Without much research I am looking at Nolasco today, which speaks to the state of affairs I'm in.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Izenhart » Fri May 03, 2013 9:05 am

Seems like all my SP go on the same day. Yesterday I only had Ervin Santana and I guess his nice start and 7 k's are lost...

Today is a call to arms! Everyone starts because I need Ks and Ws and because most of my matchups this week suck so someone's gotta do something.

Villanueva x2, Nolasco, Marcum, (Miller x2, Lohse x2 facing off as long as a reliever doesn't pick up the W I'll be happy) Fister x3, and Gonzalez.

Cut Miguel Gonzalez on one team, kept him for 1 more try on another. This is his last chance to impress.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby wingman3110 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:08 am

I'll have Matt Cain on my roster tomorrow,just in time for his start Sunday against LAD. Here's hoping for a nice turnaround for Mr. Cain ;-D
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri May 03, 2013 9:12 am

bigh0rt wrote:I need one spot start between today and Sunday, with the best chance at a QS/Win combo. Any glaring names stick out? Without much research I am looking at Nolasco today, which speaks to the state of affairs I'm in.

Most of those guys will probably be owned, but if you're feeling gamble-y I'd go Guthrie O:-)

I've got Sabathia, Fister and Villa going today.
It's been a fun ride, but I'm thinking someone is going to smash Villa about shortly. CIN are 6th for runs scored and looking likely :-/

Rizzo and EdwinE finding their feet and Hanley going for it off the DL. Things are looking up

Heating Up: Domonic Brown. 5 multi-hit games in his last 8. Get aboard :-L
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 03, 2013 9:22 am

AussieDodger wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:I need one spot start between today and Sunday, with the best chance at a QS/Win combo. Any glaring names stick out? Without much research I am looking at Nolasco today, which speaks to the state of affairs I'm in.

Most of those guys will probably be owned, but if you're feeling gamble-y I'd go Guthrie O:-)

I've got Sabathia, Fister and Villa going today.
It's been a fun ride, but I'm thinking someone is going to smash Villa about shortly. CIN are 6th for runs scored and looking likely :-/

Rizzo and EdwinE finding their feet and Hanley going for it off the DL. Things are looking up

Heating Up: Domonic Brown. 5 multi-hit games in his last 8. Get aboard :-L

Part of me just wants to roll Teheran out there vs the Mets. I haven't cut him yet. :-o
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 am

AussieDodger wrote:Most of those guys will probably be owned, but if you're feeling gamble-y I'd go Guthrie O:-)

Honestly it wouldn't really be that gamble-y...his line since he's been a Royal last year...

19 GS
8-3 W-L
123.1 IP
6.5 IP per start
115 H
43 ER
15 HR
29 BB
80 K
3.14 ERA
1.17 WHIP

...aside from him still not really striking many guys out, he's been pretty darn good the whole time.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 03, 2013 9:48 am

He's owned :~(

The 'options' that I see...

Nolasco @PHI
Saunders @TOR
Leake @CHC
G. Richards vsBAL
W. Davis vsCWS
Lackey @TEX
Pelfrey @CLE
Lilly @SF

:~(
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 03, 2013 9:50 am

Also somewhat unrelated, Josh Beckett was just dropped, and while he's been pretty terrible, he's striking guys out, not walking a ton, and his xFIP is under 4 given the tiny sample size. Rebound candidate? Early bad luck? Biggest concern is he's gotten gradually worse over the first month of the season...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby daullaz » Fri May 03, 2013 9:50 am

Chacin on Sunday if you can get him. Maybe Richard tomorrow, maybe Guthrie today.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers