Dee Gordon gettin called up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dee Gordon gettin called up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dee Gordon gettin called up?

Postby Surfs up » Sun May 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Its funny seeing the different replies from site to site . Over on Rotoworld the replies earlier today were not to bother with Gordon. I prefer the Café poster anyway. ;-D
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 198)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sun May 05, 2013 2:09 pm

CisedForBryce wrote:Is 2 weeks of Gordon worth dumping B. Crawford, who has cooled off considerably?

I just made this move in one league.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby Skin Blues » Sun May 05, 2013 2:12 pm

CisedForBryce wrote:Is 2 weeks of Gordon worth dumping B. Crawford, who has cooled off considerably?

Yes, even if we assume it'll be only 2 weeks. Brandon Crawford cannot hit, and has no redeeming qualities for fantasy baseball other than his great defense will keep him in the lineup.

If Dee Gordon puts up decent numbers while Hanley is out (could be more than 2 weeks) then we may see them keep Gordon around. He's taking a lot more walks in AAA this year than he has at any level before. They've had decent production from Punto/Ellis/Uribe/Hairston, and have guys like Sellers/Luis Cruz/Schumaker as well. I don't even know whose left on their roster from that group to be honest. But Hanley and Ellis are the only ones that would stand in the way of Gordon if he plays well over the next few weeks, and both of them are currently injured. I can see a scenario of Hanley going to 3B and Gordon taking over at SS. That's a risk worth taking in my opinion. Worst case scenario is Gordon sucks and you get another scrap heap SS to replace him, and in all likelihood, Brandon Crawford will be sitting on waivers if you want him.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby converge241 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:19 am

Added gordon in a deep 15 team 29 man rosters as soon as I saw Hanley was hurt (coming out of a late night Iron Man 3 showing lol) just hoping they would. very valuable in a league like that was surprised he was unowned (we all roster minor leaguers). I may cut him ina few weeks if he goes cold but still..

Smaller leagues, dont know how excited I would get but he does have a tougher position and does run. If he would add in some 2b and 3b that would be great.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 am

I've been playing 2B/SS carousel since A Hill got hurt. I've been through Bonifacio, Espinosa, B Crawford and Dee Gordon. I have Zobrist who I slid to 2nd. I think I may drop Gordon for S Drew. Although it was nice to see Gordon hit 2nd last night.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers