Receive Austin Jackson for Paul Goldschmidt in Dynasty? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Receive Austin Jackson for Paul Goldschmidt in Dynasty? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Receive Austin Jackson for Paul Goldschmidt in Dynasty? WHIR

Postby HIMYMlegend » Thu May 02, 2013 11:44 am

I get: Austin Jackson (This Season: 199pts, 7.8pts/gm; Last season: 991pts, 7.4pts/gm; 2011: 6pts/gm
I give: Paul Goldschmidt (This Season: 208pts, 7.5pts/gm; Last season: 976pts, 6.6pts/gm; 2011: 6.2pts/gm

Dynasty keeper points league. I am solid in both OF and 1B. Who has the better present (this season) and future (next 3-5 years)? Can Jackson keep up his great numbers now that he has corrected some of his weaknesses? Will his game digress more than a power hitter due to his reliance on speed and quickness? Should I do this trade?

Scoring Breakdown:
Batters Stat Category Value
Games Played (GP) 1
Runs (R) 2
Hits (H) 1
Singles (1B) 1
Doubles (2B) 2
Triples (3B) 3
Home Runs (HR) 4
Runs Batted In (RBI) 2
Stolen Bases (SB) 2
Walks (BB) 1
Intentional Walks (IBB) 1
Hit By Pitch (HBP) 1
HIMYMlegend
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Receive Austin Jackson for Paul Goldschmidt in Dynasty?

Postby snaddles » Thu May 02, 2013 11:58 am

As the stats suggest, this is pretty close, but I wouldnt do it. I think the obp + power potential for Goldschmit outweighs Jackson's speed and run scoring ability.
snaddles
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby clarkdp2 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:07 pm

snaddles wrote:As the stats suggest, this is pretty close, but I wouldnt do it. I think the obp + power potential for Goldschmit outweighs Jackson's speed and run scoring ability.

I 2nd this
clarkdp2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:35 pm

You can probably go into FA and snag a speed type OF that will come close to AJax where you can't get a good 1b bat like Gold.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1961)

Postby HIMYMlegend » Thu May 02, 2013 1:48 pm

snaddles wrote:As the stats suggest, this is pretty close, but I wouldnt do it. I think the obp + power potential for Goldschmit outweighs Jackson's speed and run scoring ability.

clarkdp2 wrote:

I 2nd this

MadDog36 wrote:You can probably go into FA and snag a speed type OF that will come close to AJax where you can't get a good 1b bat like Gold.

Thanks all for your take. Looks like everyone so far seems to favor Goldschmidt. That makes sense due to the love of power hitters and their ability to perform better than speedsters (due to the long ball and RBI opportunities).

I initially didn't mention their costs for next season just to get everyone's initial opinion. The entire auction budget for each team is $260. Jackson's keeper cost is $8 and Goldschmidt's is $21. The cost factor is a big reason why I am seriously considering this trade.

Also, my positions are C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, INF, INF, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, UTIL. I have Rizzo and Encarnacion for 1B but I only have Pagan, Cespedes, Rios, Beltran, Zobrist as starters for my OF spots. I have Jay, Denorfia, and Pierre as back-up fielders but would prefer to not have to play them when my starters have off-days. As for my other hitters, I have Yadier Molina, Kipnis, Desmond, Andrus, Moustakas, Lawrie, Scutaro. My infield depth and lack of outfield depth is another reason for wanting Jackson.

This is a 16 team league with 30 players each. There are also 5DL spots in addition to the 30. So there are no good hitters available on the waiver wire.

What do you guys think with this additional information now?
HIMYMlegend
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby fantasyjoker » Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks for your response on mine.

Originally I would have said keep goldschmidt. But with the new info you have provided and due to the fact that you have encarnacion and rizzo, I would do this deal. Especially with the added savings that AJ will provide. If AJ learns to steal a little better it will be an even bigger advantage for you in the dynasty aspect. JMO
fantasyjoker
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BJSFAN123 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 pm

I wouldn't do it, mostly because Im not a big fan of Jackson. I'm not sure he can maintain a .300 average and then your just left with a guy that doesn't have great power or elite speed.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions