Blue Jays shake up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Blue Jays shake up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Blue Jays shake up

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed May 01, 2013 11:02 am

The Jays are a mess. Reyes is still at least 2 months away. Nobody can play second base and Rasmus sucks. Once again last night they tried their best to lose with an error at second and another throwing error by Rasucks.

The talk is that Gose is ready to come up and replace Colby. The domino effect would be that Lawrie would play second where he played in the minors, Jose would go back to third, Izturis would play short, Gose would take over center with a combination of Melky/Rajai and Bonifacio on the corner OF spots. This is just speculation at this point but absent a trade something has to be changed.

From a fantasy perspective Lawrie and Jose become more valuable with multiposition availability and Gose is intriguing.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Blue Jays shake up

Postby Izenhart » Wed May 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Lawrie at 2B would be fun to watch. I don't think I'd be sliding with my spikes up if I saw him turning a DP.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby mt99808 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:The Jays are a mess. Reyes is still at least 2 months away. Nobody can play second base and Rasmus sucks. Once again last night they tried their best to lose with an error at second and another throwing error by Rasucks.

The talk is that Gose is ready to come up and replace Colby. The domino effect would be that Lawrie would play second where he played in the minors, Jose would go back to third, Izturis would play short, Gose would take over center with a combination of Melky/Rajai and Bonifacio on the corner OF spots. This is just speculation at this point but absent a trade something has to be changed.

From a fantasy perspective Lawrie and Jose become more valuable with multiposition availability and Gose is intriguing.

Pure speculation on your part. Nothing to substantiate this to this at this point other than the 1 or 2 minor league games Lawrie played at 2nd in A ball on his rehab assignment. One of the Jays biggest weaknesses is team defense and these moves don't help that at all. I do think that JPA and Rasmus need to earn playing time and not be allowed to go to the plate flailing at pitches getting behind from the start of almost every AB. JPA is also a terrible terrible terrible defender. I do think that Gose and Thole should be recalled to challenge these 2 in particular for playing time. Absolutely 0 accountability on this team.
mt99808
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Colby isn't getting replaced by a guy (Anthony Gose) who is struggling to hit in Buffalo. He's been the 2nd most valuable player on the team. He also didn't have a throwing error last night.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed May 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Gose can't hit. Why would they replace a league-average MLB hitter that is a plus defender in CF for a league-average minor league hitter that might be a plus defender in CF? Come on, he has a .750 OPS in his second go-around of AAA, which is almost entirely held together by his walk rate. They called him up last year and he was garbage, striking out way more than Rasmus and with zero power. I'm not saying Colby is great, but he's an MLB calibre hitter.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby wrveres » Wed May 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:The Jays are a mess. Reyes is still at least 2 months away. Nobody can play second base and Rasmus sucks. Once again last night they tried their best to lose with an error at second and another throwing error by Rasucks.

Let me guess. You heard this on Sports Talk Radio
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed May 01, 2013 2:19 pm

In Gose's defense, his BB/K is much better this year. Not saying I'm a believer yet, but it definitely seems like he is improving in that department.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed May 01, 2013 2:28 pm

wr listens to Bob McCown in San Diego. Like a true Jays fan. B-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby wrveres » Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:wr listens to Bob McCown in San Diego. Like a true Jays fan. B-)
No clue who that is. I cant stand Sports talk radio. Id rather listen to Poltergeist static.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby mt99808 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:41 pm

mweir145 wrote:Colby isn't getting replaced by a guy (Anthony Gose) who is struggling to hit in Buffalo. He's been the 2nd most valuable player on the team. He also didn't have a throwing error last night.

Rasmus is propped up by his .381 babip. If you bring this back to his career average he's hitting in the .140's. The guy is striking out in 42% of his AB's. He refuses to make any adjustments with 2 strikes and he always gets himself behind in counts. This team needs some accountability and the best way to do that is take away playing time.
mt99808
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers