4/30 Cheering-Venting & Please DL Cain - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/30 Cheering-Venting & Please DL Cain

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/30 Cheering-Venting & Please DL Cain

Postby Ender » Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Ender wrote:There are tons of players I would buy high on, Pablo is not one of them, he is a suckers bet.

I hardly think that's a buy high. More like a buy at his actual value. I don't see any reason to think he's a suckers bet. Most the time he's missed over the last two years were due to freak hamate bone breaks and he doesn't have another one of those to break. Even after returning from those breaks it took him some time to get his power stroke back. He's a .300+ 20+ guy and he should knock in his fair share of runners. He's got a some risk, but I don't think Latos or Zimm are too much to give for him at all.

I'm a firm believer in his career numbers and I would not pay for his one elite season. His career numbers prorated to a full season are .304 AVG, 78 R, 20 HR, 84 RBI, 3 SB. So below average in 2 stats, pretty average in 2 stats and only one stat above average. That line is not worth a soft ace for me. That is a tier 3 3B, Middlebrooks, Lawrie, Trumbo range at best. If he suffers any injury he falls into tier 4.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Wed May 01, 2013 1:07 am

Getting Pablo for Latos or Zimmermann would be a steal. Especially Zimm. Would anybody actually do that? Pretty crazy if you ask me.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed May 01, 2013 1:07 am

Ender wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Ender wrote:There are tons of players I would buy high on, Pablo is not one of them, he is a suckers bet.

I hardly think that's a buy high. More like a buy at his actual value. I don't see any reason to think he's a suckers bet. Most the time he's missed over the last two years were due to freak hamate bone breaks and he doesn't have another one of those to break. Even after returning from those breaks it took him some time to get his power stroke back. He's a .300+ 20+ guy and he should knock in his fair share of runners. He's got a some risk, but I don't think Latos or Zimm are too much to give for him at all.

I'm a firm believer in his career numbers and I would not pay for his one elite season. His career numbers prorated to a full season are .304 AVG, 78 R, 20 HR, 84 RBI, 3 SB. So below average in 2 stats, pretty average in 2 stats and only one stat above average. That line is not worth a soft ace for me. That is a tier 3 3B, Middlebrooks, Lawrie, Trumbo range at best. If he suffers any injury he falls into tier 4.

Captain Hyperbole at it again, hahaha. Sandoval = Middlebrooks at Best. Yep, sounds about right! :-b
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:17 am

Maybe Middlebrooks plus 50 pts of average, and 20 RBIs. Even the line you posted is easily worth Zimm imo and he has potential for more. Much of the the stats he put up over the last two years were held down as he was still getting strength back in his hands after the hamate injury.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:Thoughts on Medlen for Rivera? I'm struggling for saves and I'm not ready to punt. Only have Balfour right now with Motte on the DL.

WHIRRRR
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby rjforlife » Wed May 01, 2013 1:20 am

So, Panda for my Zimm was indeed proposed to me, but with the thread in DTKW and the guys in here, it's right about down the middle on the deal. I've got no idea what to do. He agreed to add Brandon Moss or Carlos Villanueva.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed May 01, 2013 1:39 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:Thoughts on Medlen for Rivera? I'm struggling for saves and I'm not ready to punt. Only have Balfour right now with Motte on the DL.

WHIRRRR

I dunno... I don't particularly like Medlen, but this is pretty close. I'd say in a vacuum I'd take Medlen. But if closers are hard to come by then it's not the worst idea. I assume you have enough starting pitching to absorb the loss.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rjforlife » Wed May 01, 2013 1:41 am

I'd say the same. Value-wise, Medlen is better, but if closers are needed and hard to come by, you could do worse.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby NZ Eff » Wed May 01, 2013 2:49 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:

WHIRRRR

If you can seal the deal I would do it in a heartbeat. I see Mo > Medlen by a margin.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers