Top 50 Countdown: April 30, 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 50 Countdown: April 30, 2013

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Top 50 Countdown: April 30, 2013

Postby WebHamster » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 am

It’s a new year in baseball and time to roll out a new Top 50 Countdown. This time around we had three other rankers beside myself, and opinions were across the board. We have some new faces, some old ones, and some guys that are really going to raise some eyebrows. Let the debates begin!
[table]Rank|Last [...]

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2013 ... 043013.php
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 795)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 50 Countdown: April 30, 2013

Postby rjforlife » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:04 am

Top 50 Countdown Woo-Hoo! This was a tough list to assemble because of the wide variety of rankings on guys like Pujols, Fowler, Davis, Harvey, etc. I like the list in the end though, and I can't wait to see how much it changes next time.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:39 am

Great list! Hard to argue with any of it. Kemp and Stanton ahead of Pujols is the only thing that stands out as potentially wrong to me. He's hurting but he's producing, and until he hits the DL should probably stay in the top 10.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby Ender » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:42 am

Well all I can say is if you own Fowler find someone who helped make this list and sell high as soon as you can! I'm not sure he'd make my top 50 OF list much less top 50 overall.

Good list overall though.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby rjforlife » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43 am

Yea the Stanton DL hit kind of fell right as I was finalizing the list so I wasn't sure where to move him, and Pujols hit two bombs around the same time. In retrospect, Pujols should be up a couple of spots and Stanton down a few.

Fowler barely made the cut but none of the pitchers that he came in ahead of did enough to make the list. I would say that he needs to maintain a major level of play to hold off Moore/Scherzer or a resurgent Hamels/Cain.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:47 pm

I didn't have Fowler on my list but he was close to the cutoff (maybe a dozen spots out). There are tons of OFs right around that point. I can see the appeal of him, showing this much power and on a team that is scoring way more runs than many assumed they would. But as a skinny CF people assume he can steal more bases than he actually will, when it will probably be closer to the total of guys like Hosmer/Goldschmidt, who are considered clunky corner infielders.

The surprising one to me is Kemp at 15. I had him at 30, a spot which I still wouldn't be totally comfortable taking him, although the steals are a little encouraging even if he's flashing David Eckstein-esque power. I had him and Rizzo ranked pretty much the same and I feel strong about Rizzo turning around his batting average and becoming a legitimate top 15 player heading into 2014.

And yeah, Stanton's and Tulo's rankings would drop considering the injury, depending on the severity. Both happened after I submitted my list, and I assume the same is true for the others.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Kemp ranked 9th, 10th, 13th and 30th. Based on his track record for top five material, I went ahead and kept him at 15. He could easily drop if he doesn't pick it up soon, and in a big way.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Element » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:27 pm

rjforlife wrote:Kemp ranked 9th, 10th, 13th and 30th. Based on his track record for top five material, I went ahead and kept him at 15. He could easily drop if he doesn't pick it up soon, and in a big way.

He's getting real close to being back. His timing has improved and he is looking much better in recent days. The first few weeks his front side was leaking and he was pulling everything. In the Mets series alone he took a ball out to RF and hit a double off of the bottom of the right-center field fence. It's not quite there yet, and he may not flash the power to be a top 10 player, but I like where he is ranked here.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Return to Baseball Leftovers