4/29 Cheering, Venting, & this is my first time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/29 Cheering, Venting, & this is my first time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/29 Cheering, Venting, & this is my first time

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:25 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:If you GIDP and a run scores, it isn't an RBI? How is it scored? Have I really never heard of this before? :-?

That is not on RBI. I honestly have no clue how you haven't heard of that before.

Me neither. I imagine I have and just forgot. How is the run scored, though, officially? Run scores on GIDP?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 377)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pmstick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Another pedestrian Strasburg start. Man was I wrong with this pick. I don't get Nationals games...how does he look bc the numbers and the strikeouts aren't there. Is it the cold weather?
12 Team H2H

C Posey (1B)
1B Butler
2B Pedroia
SS Andrus
3B Prado (2B, OF)
OF Harper, Heyward, Craig (1B)
UTL Jennings
SP Darvish, Latos, Cobb, Moore
RP Balfour

B Burnett, Ross, Wood, Dickey, Porcello, Kennedy
B Eaton

DL Holland+
pmstick
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:51 pm

Fernandez yanked after 4.0 IP :-P
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 377)

Postby BChinly » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 pm

rotoquest wrote:
ayebatter wrote:

*edit - I won't mind if Cain gets shellacked a couple of times. :-b

He just might. I thought about buying low on Cain until I saw how his velocity has been trending downward every year. Don't know if its mechanics, not saying he is hiding an injury or TJ is nearing, but guys in this situation crossover a hittable thresh hold and it gets uglier before it gets prettier. Take a look for yourself.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?pl ... position=P

He's 28. It's inevitable that his velocity will go down. He still has great command over his secondary pitches
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 124)

Postby BChinly » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:03 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:Notable players not playing today: Bossman Junior, Ichiro, Youk, David Wright, Torii Hunter, Jose Valverde (Benoit vulture save opportunity)

Gattis, as well. Atlanta letting some guys get a rest while Teheran pitches, or maybe they think Gattis has been part of the problem for him?

Just the day off I'm assuming. The braves are all about giving their catcher's rest. I owned McCann for two years in my main dynasty.
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 124)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:17 pm

In one of my auction drafts, I saved a some cash and managed to snag Andrelton Simmons for the meager sum of $4.

In my other auction, I once again saved a fair amount to secure my favorite preseason SS sleeper, but saw him go for $10 and exceed my max bid. Even when I tossed out Jed Lowrie, he got snagged by a $2 autobid.

I was left holding the bag as the last team without a SS and secured a $1 Jean Segura, a player I had never heard of prior to filtering through the draft projections in the applet itself.

Long-winded way of saying that I wish I had been "unfortunate" enough to settle for Segura in my other league as well.

He's already well leapfrogged Andrelton in value and batting 2nd in a nice lineup (I for one believe he'll stay there), he has a chance to be a top 7 or so SS this season.

I wouldn't be selling high.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby kab21 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Segura was a nice pick but I really like Andrelton's swing. I'm not sure what kind of fantasy value he will have though since he's a 5+ HR guy and I don't think he will steal a lot of bases. .290+, 5+, 20+
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 pm

kab21 wrote:Segura was a nice pick but I really like Andrelton's swing. I'm not sure what kind of fantasy value he will have though since he's a 5+ HR guy and I don't think he will steal a lot of bases. .290+, 5+, 20+

Yeah, Andrelton has been hitting the ball hard tonight, but I drafted him under the assumption that he would be regularly batting leadoff. Segura was slated to hit 7th at the beginning of the season. They've essentially flip-flopped and I don't have a lot of confidence in either moving back.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby J35J » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:39 pm

RE: Hosmer...he's got a giant loopy swing and he won't amount to much until he gets that under control...if you can't find a trade partner I don't think you'll be missing much by dropping him if you have a solid player to pick up.

RE: Teheran...he's just a thrower and not really anywhere near a pitcher yet. His secondary stuff looks just average but when he doesn't have any command of even his fastball he's never really in much of a position to use his secondary stuff in favorable counts. Try to deal him if you can otherwise he's drop-able for a piece that may help more. At best, a spot starter against only the worst lineups in the best pitcher parks...aka like most waiver material guys.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 pm

kab21 wrote:Segura was a nice pick but I really like Andrelton's swing. I'm not sure what kind of fantasy value he will have though since he's a 5+ HR guy and I don't think he will steal a lot of bases. .290+, 5+, 20+

Segura will be a 15+ HR guy at some point. He is a floor of Aybar pretty much and the ceiling is much higher.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers