4/29 Cheering, Venting, & this is my first time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/29 Cheering, Venting, & this is my first time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/29 Cheering, Venting, & this is my first time

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Notable players not playing today: Bossman Junior, Ichiro, Youk, David Wright, Torii Hunter, Jose Valverde (Benoit vulture save opportunity)

Gattis, as well. Atlanta letting some guys get a rest while Teheran pitches, or maybe they think Gattis has been part of the problem for him?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 813)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:00 pm

I should probably leave Ichiro in my UT slot, but I think I'll take the 0 for 4 from LaRoche.

its like craps, ya never know
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1142)

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Has anyone actually sat down and watched a fair number of Eric Hosmer at bats this year? Basically, I have a shallow league (12 teams, no MI/CI, only 3 OF) team and although it's super early, I'm strongly considering making the aggressive move and cutting him now because I have Hanley coming back (Brandon Crawford has been my SS replacement) and would say him, Maholm, and Estrada are the 3 worst guys on my team. I know conventional wisdom here is small sample size, give him more time but this guy has looked terrible for a year now and no home runs from a first baseman in April is just embarrassing.

Thank god I drafted Chris Davis. :-°
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:15 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:I knew the Jays had a lot of question marks heading into this season and wasn't buying the hype just yet, but jesus everything has gone wrong for this team so far. Terrible defense and can't score runs without homering a bunch in a game..just brutal baseball to watch.

There is always next year. :-D

The Jays have been very sloppy. It seems like every game they fail to make an important play. And it is usually a different player every game.

Dickey has been much better lately, but we don't even know how healthy he really is right now. Morrow is a question mark every start. Buehrle, well, he was never good to begin with. I hated hearing all the talk that Buehrle will give you 200 innings every year like that was the greatest thing ever. 200 innings is cool and all, but those aren't 200 good innings. When was the last time anyone drafted Mark Buehrle for their fantasy team? Josh Johnson was a bit of a crapshoot because of his health, but he has been very disappointing so far. Happ has been the only pitcher who has done what was expected of him, even better, really. J. freaking Happ!

But yeah, they have been sloppy and hardly getting any breaks. Swinging for the fences every bat isn't helping either. And to make matters worse, John Ferrell is in first place and the Yankees are winning with Vernon Wells and Lyle Overbay. I can't imagine a worst start of the season for the Jays.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Has anyone actually sat down and watched a fair number of Eric Hosmer at bats this year? Basically, I have a shallow league (12 teams, no MI/CI, only 3 OF) team and although it's super early, I'm strongly considering making the aggressive move and cutting him now because I have Hanley coming back (Brandon Crawford has been my SS replacement) and would say him, Maholm, and Estrada are the 3 worst guys on my team. I know conventional wisdom here is small sample size, give him more time but this guy has looked terrible for a year now and no home runs from a first baseman in April is just embarrassing.

I'd cut Maholm before I cut Hosmer.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby rotoquest » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Has anyone actually sat down and watched a fair number of Eric Hosmer at bats this year? Basically, I have a shallow league (12 teams, no MI/CI, only 3 OF) team and although it's super early, I'm strongly considering making the aggressive move and cutting him now because I have Hanley coming back (Brandon Crawford has been my SS replacement) and would say him, Maholm, and Estrada are the 3 worst guys on my team. I know conventional wisdom here is small sample size, give him more time but this guy has looked terrible for a year now and no home runs from a first baseman in April is just embarrassing.

I'd try to trade him first, but not sure what you could get. Yeah I stayed away from him this year because I had him last year and regretted it from about this point on.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 254)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 pm

I've never seen a pitcher as unlucky as scherzer.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 809)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 pm

If you GIDP and a run scores, it isn't an RBI? How is it scored? Have I really never heard of this before? :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:24 pm

bigh0rt wrote:If you GIDP and a run scores, it isn't an RBI? How is it scored? Have I really never heard of this before? :-?

That is not on RBI. I honestly have no clue how you haven't heard of that before.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 809)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Well, if Fernandez is going to give up a bomb and Runs, it might as well be my guy hitting it (Buck), with my other guy on base (Duda). Best case scenario I guess... Now that the Mets are up 2 - 1, I'll take 5 scoreless innings from here on out pls.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers