Should I be Concerned? (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Should I be Concerned? (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I be Concerned? (WHIR)

Postby KrazyA428 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:35 am

League Rules: 10 teams, Head to Head, 14 categories, (we use OBP, TB, Holds, Losses, all else standard). We keep 10 from year to year.

So I'm not trying to be one of those guys who panics on his team too early. I know that it's the first month of the season. Having said that, I feel like I do have some legitimate questions about a few of my hitters.

Going into this season I felt like, on paper, my offense was pretty spectacular. And I lucked out with an early addition of Segura as my SS, who has basically been my only bright spot offensively so far (along with Gordon and Longoria to a degree). Everyone else has more or less not played to their potential yet. I know that it's only April, but I'm wondering whether you all think it would be wise to start shopping around a guy like Stanton, or Jennings, or even McCutchen and Bruce who haven't done much yet. Also, is Miguel Montero droppable at this point?

So far this year I really haven't had a great offensive week yet, and it's starting to take it's toll. My pitching has been solid so far and that has been what's kept me in weeks, and my team is playing about .500 right now.

Anyways, here's my roster. Main question: should I sit and wait on these guys or start shopping some of these pre-season studs around?

C - M. Montero
1B - F. Freeman
2B - B. Phillips
SS - J. Segura
3B - E. Longoria
OF - A. McCutchen
OF - G. Stanton
OF - J. Bruce
Util - D. Jennings
Util - A. Gordon
BN - L. Cain
NA - O. Taveras

SP - D. Price
SP - M. Moore
SP - D. Fister
RP - R. Betancourt
RP - G. Holland
RP - J. Valverde
P - V. Pestano
P - J. Peralta
P - A. Crow
BN - A. Sanchez
BN - J. Fernandez
BN - T. Millone
BN - A. Cashner
BN - F. Doubront
DL - J. Motte
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I be Concerned? (WHIR)

Postby LightItUp95 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 pm

I think you're fine, you just have a lot of slow-starters. I still think Stanton and Bruce will heat up and then you'll be golden. Also, I'd drop Motte. He's not gonna come back, he's a lock for TJ surgery at this point. Otherwise, you've had bad luck on both sides. I wouldn't panic. ''

Help me with mine?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=459510
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Should I be Concerned? (WHIR)

Postby pjalst » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:40 pm

KrazyA428 wrote:League Rules: 10 teams, Head to Head, 14 categories, (we use OBP, TB, Holds, Losses, all else standard). We keep 10 from year to year.

So I'm not trying to be one of those guys who panics on his team too early. I know that it's the first month of the season. Having said that, I feel like I do have some legitimate questions about a few of my hitters.

Going into this season I felt like, on paper, my offense was pretty spectacular. And I lucked out with an early addition of Segura as my SS, who has basically been my only bright spot offensively so far (along with Gordon and Longoria to a degree). Everyone else has more or less not played to their potential yet. I know that it's only April, but I'm wondering whether you all think it would be wise to start shopping around a guy like Stanton, or Jennings, or even McCutchen and Bruce who haven't done much yet. Also, is Miguel Montero droppable at this point?

So far this year I really haven't had a great offensive week yet, and it's starting to take it's toll. My pitching has been solid so far and that has been what's kept me in weeks, and my team is playing about .500 right now.

Anyways, here's my roster. Main question: should I sit and wait on these guys or start shopping some of these pre-season studs around?....

As long as you're aroung .500 you're within stricking distance. like the other poster says, be patient and you sould weather the storm. Last year I had a team that was in last place for the first month and a half to start the season. I ended up finishing 2nd. You have proven hitters. Wait until the all-star before you start worrying.

help please:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=459504&sid=cd28a3596b0723a69d7061d203fb2f1f
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team