Help me make a move for a 2nd basemen. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help me make a move for a 2nd basemen. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help me make a move for a 2nd basemen. WHIR

Postby erjohnson1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 pm

I really need some help at 2nd. This is a 6x6 league with the addition of quality starts and OPS. My staff is off to awful start, but I think that they'll be fine. We have a total of 190 starts which equates to about having six starting pitchers throwing every fifth day. Offensively, we are only able to start 1 person at each infield position with three outfielders and a utility.

Here http://i.imgur.com/PSj8uYi.png?1 is my team. I have Granderson coming back in a couple of weeks, and a lot of depth at outfielder, so I'm looking to move one of them for an upgrade at 2nd base. A person in my league has both Cano and Utley, and needs help in the outfield and is looking to make a move. Here http://i.imgur.com/rbhoEW9.png?1 is his team.

Ideally, I would like to land Cano, but this probably isn't going to happen. I first offered him Holliday and Kimbrel for Cano and he declined. I then offered him Youkilis and Worth for Chase Utley and he declined too. He just countered and offered Utley and Victoriono for my Choo and Youkilis. I really don't like this deal, because I am really high on Choo especially with the addition of OPS in our league and really don't like Victoriono since he'll be a negative in regards to OPS.

So what do you guys think of the trade that he offered me, and if you don't like it what do you think I should counter with? I really don't want to give up one of my starting pitchers, because starting pitchers are valued really high in my league since we start six of them and we only start 9 batters offensively. So what do you guys think? Thanks and WHIR.
erjohnson1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Deleted

Postby METS 24 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Deleted
Last edited by METS 24 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-W.Rosario
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-J.Kipnis
3B-R.Zimmerman
SS-T.Tulowitzki
MI-J.Altuve
CI-J.Singleton
OF-J.Heyward/G.Polanco/B.Gardner/C.Dickerson/J.Lake
DH-J.Segura
SP-J.Weaver/H.Ryu/G.Cole/Y.Ventura/T.Bauer
BN-Baez/Buchholz/Butler/Mauer/Pineda/Taveras
METS 24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 43)

Re: Help me make a move for a 2nd basemen. WHIR

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 pm

What I'd do is buy low on his Butler. Play Rutledge at 2b he's solid enough. A potential 20/20 2b I'd take that. Trust me on this. Your team is solid could use a potential bat at 1b in Butler though and his value is rather low. I think a Granderson for Butler trade makes sense for you both. Value wise its pretty close if both were producing and since Butler struggled a little out of the gate and Grand is hurt but closer to returning I think you should try that, couldn't hurt.

Buck for Aaron Hill to another team is another great idea as well. Just my two cents.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1956)

Re: Help me make a move for a 2nd basemen. WHIR

Postby erjohnson1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Alright, I just offered Youkilis and Granderson for Billy Butler in one trade, and Howie Kendrick and John Buck for Aaron Hill in another. I think I have a chance of landing Billy Butler since the first person is a big Yankees fan, and I think I also have a chance with the second one since the guy really needs help at second base right now with Hill on the DL. What are you guys thoughts on these two moves?
erjohnson1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 37)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions