4/22 Cheering-Venting & Where is everyone & - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/22 Cheering-Venting & Where is everyone &

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ayebatter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Why am I doing this so late ? I hope everyone realizes that each and everyone of you can make this post at any time. ;-D

Monday, April 22, 2013

Oakland at Boston

Griffin vs Doubront

NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
Sabathia vs Moore

Toronto at Baltimore
Happ vs Tillman

St. Louis at Washington
Miller vs Haren

Pittsburgh at Philadelphia
Burnett vs Pettibone

Chicago Cubs at Cincinnati
Wood vs Leake

Cleveland at Chicago White Sox
Masterson vs Axelrod

Seattle at Houston
Hernandez vs Peacock

Texas at LA Angels
Holland vs Blanton

Milwaukee at San Diego
Lohse vs Marquis

Arizona at San Francisco
Miley vs Vogelsong

Miami at Minnesota Postponed

Atlanta at Colorado Postponed
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1638)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 4/22 Cheering-Venting & Where is everyone &

Postby Izenhart » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:05 pm

ayebatter wrote:Why am I doing this so late ? I hope everyone realizes that each and everyone of you can make this post at any time. ;-D

I'm under the weather otherwise I would have started this today for sure.

Yesterday I squeaked by 14-1-1 with a bunch of 1 point pitching victories in my main league. Tied WHIP but won the tiebreaker. Koji Uehara came in late last night and almost cost me a point, that was scary ;-7

Today I got Miller x2 and Lohse x2.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 532)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Rolling Matt Moore out against the Yankees to start a fresh week after my entire pitching staff pooped their pants in Week 3. Moore is miraculously a favorite against CC Sabathia, which is all you need to know about the current state of the New York Yankees, given that the Rays are off to a horrid start. I'll take a 10 K, 2 Hit, 1 BB, 7 inning shutout with a Win, please.

In today's .: Mugatu News :. (He's so hot right now)... what's up with Brandon Crawford? Isn't he supposed to be a Major Leaguer strictly for his glove? Dude's batting .370 with 3 HR over the last two weeks... What's up with Travis Hafner? Are we to believe that he can be productive like this all season in that ballpark?... Jonathan Lucroy has come out of his early Week 1 slow start, and has crushed the ball for the last two weeks... A.J. Pollock and Gerrardo Parra are making the D'Backs not really miss Adam Eaton... Jorge De La Rosa, Jake Westbrook, Wade Davis -- which one of these 3 becomes the best roster option for the whole season? All 3 have started pretty much en fuego...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 839)

Postby Izenhart » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Anyone doing the ESPN baseball challenge weekly cap league? I'm trying to avoid postponements and maximize my GP this week. Went with Seattle pitching over Boston, (King Felix and Iwakuma both should get 2 starts) hope that works out. Last week Cincinnati carried me and everyone else who had them.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:42 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Rolling Matt Moore out against the Yankees to start a fresh week after my entire pitching staff pooped their pants in Week 3. Moore is miraculously a favorite against CC Sabathia, which is all you need to know about the current state of the New York Yankees, given that the Rays are off to a horrid start. I'll take a 10 K, 2 Hit, 1 BB, 7 inning shutout with a Win, please.

In today's .: Mugatu News :. (He's so hot right now)... what's up with Brandon Crawford? Isn't he supposed to be a Major Leaguer strictly for his glove? Dude's batting .370 with 3 HR over the last two weeks... What's up with Travis Hafner? Are we to believe that he can be productive like this all season in that ballpark?... Jonathan Lucroy has come out of his early Week 1 slow start, and has crushed the ball for the last two weeks... A.J. Pollock and Gerrardo Parra are making the D'Backs not really miss Adam Eaton... Jorge De La Rosa, Jake Westbrook, Wade Davis -- which one of these 3 becomes the best roster option for the whole season? All 3 have started pretty much en fuego...

Was this an attempt to jam as many barf worthy names as possible into one post while still staying positive?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 406)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Rolling Matt Moore out against the Yankees to start a fresh week after my entire pitching staff pooped their pants in Week 3. Moore is miraculously a favorite against CC Sabathia, which is all you need to know about the current state of the New York Yankees, given that the Rays are off to a horrid start. I'll take a 10 K, 2 Hit, 1 BB, 7 inning shutout with a Win, please.

Was this an attempt to jam as many barf worthy names as possible into one post while still staying positive?

They're just guys who aren't owned in many ESPN leagues. Even Lucroy's barely over 50%, although Crawford is approaching 75% with his hot start. Davis and De La Rosa are 5% apiece. They've all been A+ over the last two weeks, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 839)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 pm

The previous two weeks are always over-rated when they're the first two weeks. Nobody would care if it was two weeks in July and crappy players have been crappy for 3 months already. Some of these guys are decent, but not really full-time contributors. Brandon Crawford is absolute garbage. You'd be lucky to get 5 HR, 5 SB and a .250 BA from him from this point on. Pollock has bit of speed but he will be a 5th outfielder before long, and a bad hitter with no power and without elite speed just isn't too appealing. Westbrook is also garbage. His best case scenario includes a 1.4+ WHIP and a 5.5 K/9. And the downside is obviously not pretty. Wade Davis, who knows. He at least has upside. De La Rosa I don't like that much. Like Westbrook he doesn't get many Ks, and he pitches in Coors Field half the time. SIERA is 4.15 thus far which would indicate that he's probably getting lucky. Anyway, I think these guys are mostly useless in mixed leagues, and in AL/NL Only leagues they're already rostered.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 531)

Postby Izenhart » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Shelby Miller has thrown something like 95% fastballs in this game (Haren too) and is living up in the zone. I feel lucky that he hasn't given up a bomb of some kind. He was off his game tonight from what I could see but got lucky results.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ayebatter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Skin Blues wrote: I think these guys are mostly useless

If your teams had as many players on the DL as mine do, these guys are starters. ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1638)

Postby kab21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Haren only gives up 3ER's and if he gets tagged with the loss it will still be a 0.5pt day. He can't even score points on a halfway solid day.

The rainouts sucked today. Dejesus and Yunel (HR's for each) were on my bench but would have been playing if I had known earlier. I really don't pay attention to US weather though. At least other than the whining about MN snow that I read on facebook.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 523)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers